Advise Please About Whippets

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might as well get a little lurcher.......and spend what you save on a lamp....lithium battery....a nice pair of walking boots...a gortex jacket and years worth of pup insurance,,,,,,,and you'd still

Great little rabbit dogs. Great pets..I been out with a few.i like em a lot.

I love the humble whippet , they may surprise you .

Might as well get a little lurcher.......and spend what you save on a lamp....lithium battery....a nice pair of walking boots...a gortex jacket and years worth of pup insurance,,,,,,,and you'd still have change for a stainless flask and 20 benson n hedges.

• Like 6

Might as well get a little lurcher.......and spend what you save on a lamp....lithium battery....a nice pair of walking boots...a gortex jacket and years worth of pup insurance,,,,,,,and you'd still have change for a stainless flask and 20 benson n hedges.

trevs bitch was secondhand and cost as much as 200 snout mine was secondhand and cost as much as a full tanko diesel :bye: whippet in the pic that likes sniffin buckets I bred years back and give it for free :thumbs:

Edited by green lurchers

Wouldn't buy a whippet for anything other than rabbiting although some will do other bits.

If your looking at lurchers make sure it's bred right and don't buy half xs if you want fast dogs. A whippet grey x collie grey will be a very quick dog IMO lol

phew I,m lucky rabbits are all we hav left to catch

I love the humble whippet , they may surprise you .

P1040454_zps2d4ab660.jpg

I like Whippets,i like their speed,their desire,their intent and their focus,what i fail to like about them is their REAL lack of use in the field,the facts are that the vast majority of lurcher bred mutts are a better option,in the field,than a Whippet,i still like em,id just put my eggs in a lurcher bred basket,especially if i had a taste for Bambi.

• Like 1

trevs bitch was secondhand and cost as much as 200 snout mine was secondhand and cost as much as a full tanko diesel :bye: whippet in the pic that likes sniffin buckets I bred years back and give it for free :thumbs:

I love whippets.......,,,where's your humour......?

With a whippet you get a whippet

With a whip grey collie grey you could get any one of the 3 dogs in any %, so maybe worth paying the extra £

But of you find a couple of smaller lurcher parents with a heavy whippet influence ad that fit the bill and they produce an even litter I think you can be pretty sure what you are going to get atb in your choice.

With a whippet you get a whippet

With a whip grey collie grey you could get any one of the 3 dogs in any %, so maybe worth paying the extra £

The percentages in the mix,no matter how random,often make for a more robust and relevant hunting companion.As soon as the £ comes into the %,then the real purpose of any HUNTING breeding is irrelevant,dollar before purpose is the ruination of hunting jukels.

• Like 1

But they often don't aswell Morton

Very true mucker, im possibly the biggest Whippet fan that would not own one,at this time,at another time with a less restrictive hunting lifestyle id own one again,YET,i was once burdened by what they offered and refuse to hunt with those restrictions now,later i may do so again,until then id love to not own another,with remorse.