.22 Lr Or Varmint Rifle

At your stage getting an FAC (licence) for a .22 rimfire would be a major hurdle, (Unless you own a 1,000 acre farm, or have a relative who does)!

Small game & pest/vermin species can be started on with an airgun, you can just buy one of these, then see how it goes getting somewhere to use

it.

Shooting a scoped air rifle is exactly the same as shooting a Deer calibre centrefire, just less noisy, don't try to run before you can walk.

Look at airguns and how you go with that is my advice.

• Like 1

At your stage getting an FAC (licence) for a .22 rimfire would be a major hurdle, (Unless you own a 1,000 acre farm, or have a relative who does)!

Small game & pest/vermin species can be started on with an airgun, you can just buy one of these, then see how it goes getting somewhere to use

it.

Shooting a scoped air rifle is exactly the same as shooting a Deer calibre centrefire, just less noisy, don't try to run before you can walk.

Look at airguns and how you go with that is my advice.

+1

any links to UK stores or just to images I will never remember these, sorry

You're getting way ahead of yourself. You need to get an FAC 1st and in the UK that isn't easy.

It means checks by MI5 (military intelligence services), of your known ties, criminal history and many other background checks. It takes months and many get refused. You also need to have proven land to shoot over and a proven need for the gun. You can't own a gun simply because you want one or want to start shooting. it doesn't work like that. Getting an FAC is tough.

Without the FAC you can't buy either guns or ammunition or certain reloading components.

I have to say I feel a little uneasy about your lack of knowledge and motivation.

Andy's advice of an non FAC air rifle is a good one if your serious about starting shooting. UK gun laws are amongst the toughest in Europe / the world.

Edited by Alsone
  • Like 2