Lungworm Epidemic In W. Scotland.

It's all fine and well saying that nobody's ever heard of anybody's dog ever having it but, going by the article it is there and should be taken seriously by dog owners in the area. I've no idea how often the scientists carry out these tests or whether some dogs can actually carry it without being affected. They're obviously popular places for dog walkers so i would certainly be avoiding them.

If a greyhound gets lungworm it probably wouldn't matter if treated but if a working dog that needs to perform for longer periods gets it as it messes up there lung then it could mean early retirement death if not treated..I had 2 dogs get it one was ok after treatment and rest the other wasn't the same, my bitches throat swelled up it causes more bleeding to minor cuts or bruising they go blood shot in the whites of there eyes no stamina cough blocked nose.. I use advocate now panacur good to I used it for pups and I put copper take around stainless bowl I got told they won't go on it better be safe that sorry

I came home from lampin the last time at home and went to put the dogs back in there kennels and the runs was were covered in slugs ....so I got slug pellets and spread them around the perameter of the kennel block and there were hundreds dead in the morning ....this wet summer has been good for them my game crop can vouch for that

Heard somewhere today that there is a lungworm epidemic in the west of Scotland. Should be online somewhere. Slugs the culprit apparently. Anyone in that area it might be wise to keep an eye on the dogs for any unusual behaviour!

Thats endemic not epidemic........