Woodie From The Garden

It is ok mate, just more of a risk of the pellet leaving the property, and the neighbours not liking the fact your shooting birds. As long as you don't bait the pigeons down... Which one could argue you have with your seed feeder, but your point is made with it intended for other smaller birds.

Sorry Rez ,its not ok ,you can only shoot them to stop crop damage

• Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

shoot them most days in garden,when there after the greens. also had 9 magpies in the last month. put a magpie decoy out the other week and one came straight in, his mates all started coming to the

Tell them if they dont like it ,F**K off back to there own country

Just what I thought.

Posted Images

With respect v'man, thats pretty vague. So I wouldn't be able to shoot pigeons in my garden that are nicking fruits and even eating my cabbages?

Its how he interprets the general license. I understand what you saying, but he'll be fine. Who the f*ck cares about airguns anyway... they just call the blues. He'll be mightily unlucky for someone to think... "your not allowed to shoot pigeons unless there damaging crops...!?"

From BASC by the way, and he could also argue... what is 'fruit' in the single term of the paragraph... Thats his feeder mate.

The general licences authorise shooting for specific purposes such as: preventing serious damage to crops, vegetables, fruit and foodstuffs for livestock, and for the purpose of preserving public health or public safety. It is important that any shooting complies fully with the terms and conditions of each general licence.

Rain again ,working out side trying to take a roof off , called it a day

back on subject

it is legal to shoot them in your garden, BUT you must have a reason to do so. The reasons are basically either to prevent damage to crops (such as a vegetable patch in your garden) or to prevent the spread of disease. You can also only use shooting as a last resort so first you must make an effort to keep the pigeons off of your vegetables by using nets or bird scarer or both. If the pigeons are still causing damage after this then you are entitled to shoot them.

This sticky from AGF explains things nicely.

http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/159379-BASC-advice-re-the-shooting-of-pest-species-in-your-back-garden

Shooting any bird off a bird table for eating food that you put out is a big no no.

Great post Timmy,

Bound to make things clear for everyone :thumbs:

I tho

Id still shoot one that was eating me cabbages... After Ive tried running after it, telling it to stop, and so on. Of course.

:)

But have you put a net up or scare crow , if not you still can't shoot them :tongue2::laugh::thumbs:

Do you need to 100% sure that you have nesting birds in your garden to shoot a magpie in your garden then?

8)

As an edit, f**k me, we've had the calibre argument more often, and that still pops up about 1 a month.

Do you need to 100% sure that you have nesting birds in your garden to shoot a magpie in your garden then?

8)

As an edit, f**k me, we've had the calibre argument more often, and that still pops up about 1 a month.

I don't know, BASC might.

I play safe and don't post about shooting anything in the garden except targets and flies. No post, no gory pics, no problem!

But its alright to shoot a magpie in spring... Ha. :D

Only messing around Timmmmeeehhhhhhhhh. I get your point.