My Pure Saluki

this bitch must of been on the lucky streak of its life the other night to kill 2 the other night,last night perfect conditions squaters right out in the field couldn't kill 1 rabbits she had plenty of chances on very very easy rabbits that i honestly think my 6 month old pup could kill for one shes putting everything in to her strike but throwing her self and the wrong time (she isent scared to launch her self at 1) and for 2 she wont go anywhere near cover she sees a rabbits going for hedge she puts the breaks on as soon as it hits she just turns round,ill give it the bitch that shes fast and has loads of wind did not see her pant once but i cant take many more night out like that give her a month or so try again if not then...i no shes not a rabbit dog but if she cant pick up a squatter in the middle of a if a fair sized field then...and she had about 5-6 of these

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sister to yours pal  

Playing with her half brother in the stubbles

far to many dogs been past about these days i recon best if some folk just get a budgi . its plain to me alot of folk just havnt got it with dogs!!.

Posted Images

Ive got litter sister to yours and she not even seen a rabbit, they 10month today, still babys

i no that mate but 10months is not relay to young is it and this bitch its quite mature shes not puppy like

It's each to their own pal and every dog is an individual case.

I've got 2 bitches here like chalk and cheese. One wasn't ready for work until about 16 months old and the other is running and catching now at 7 months, and will be catching on the lamp by 8 months.

Just go steady mate and don't write it off yet. She will know you are getting frustrated and stressed out too so bare that in mind.

Ive got litter sister to yours and she not even seen a rabbit, they 10month today, still babys

i no that mate but 10months is not relay to young is it and this bitch its quite mature shes not puppy like

I've got 2 bitches here like chalk and cheese. One wasn't ready for work until about 16 months old and the other is running and catching now at 7 months, and will be catching on the lamp by 8 months.

Just go steady mate and don't write it off yet. She will know you are getting frustrated and stressed out too so bare that in mind.

true that, both my 2 dogs were catching rabbits at 6 months old, I think Bryn had about 70 odd rabbits at that age , and Buck was catching maybe bit younger , even though he was a lot bigger dog than Bryn at that age, he still had natural agility to pick rabbits up and plenty of speed as well. you can tell at there ages if they ready to pick a rabbit up, or if there all arse/legs lol , as above there all different some show signs early than others :thumbs: but by 10-12 month's old they should have the ability to knock few rabbits over :yes:

• Like 1

true that, both my 2 dogs were catching rabbits at 6 months old, I think Bryn had about 70 odd rabbits at that age , and Buck was catching maybe bit younger , even though he was a lot bigger dog than Bryn at that age, he still had natural agility to pick rabbits up and plenty of speed as well. you can tell at there ages if they ready to pick a rabbit up, or if there all arse/legs lol , as above there all different some show signs early than others :thumbs: but by 10-12 month's old they should have the ability to knock few rabbits over :yes:

Yeh but it isn't always physical ray. By 7-8 months most dogs physically could catch a bunny. It's mentally. My brindle bitch just wasn't switching on and picking things up at that age. His might be the same. Some just need that touch longer.

Some would say these dogs are no use. Late starters. Each to their own mate ?

shes switched on gaz and like i said she not puppy like at all in the way she acts or the way she looks (gangaly legs ect) no one believes me when i tell them how old she is,the lads ovsly tried her and been running her hard and realized he don't want her i thought she was watching the lamp abit quickly i asked him multiple times if hes tried her he said no like i say shes stopping at cover and i wouldn't say theirs much chance of her getting out of it its not like she only stops at thick cover she will literally stop at a few nettles and hardly any drive in her,

shes switched on gaz and like i said she not puppy like at all in the way she acts or the way she looks (gangaly legs ect) no one believes me when i tell them how old she is,the lads ovsly tried her and been running her hard and realized he don't want her i thought she was watching the lamp abit quickly i asked him multiple times if hes tried her he said no like i say shes stopping at cover and i wouldn't say theirs much chance of her getting out of it its not like she only stops at thick cover she will literally stop at a few nettles and hardly any drive in her,

My brindle bitch stops at cover on the lamp. You just make the most of what you've got fella.