Pyometra? Fingers crossed you caught it early enough if so, can be really nasty if it gets a chance to set in :no:

Lost a great bitch to it in the past, by time she was showing any signs of being ill it was too late, vet did everything they could but sadly she couldn't be saved.

Sorry to be all doom and gloom, plenty of bitches do survive it but it's all about catching it early enough. ATB with you bitch pal :thumbs:

Will be a pyometra and can kill very easily. Treatable with anti biotics but may occur again. Nothing will stop it if it happens again only spaying will. Open Pyo is easier because they have a smelly discharge, closed Pyo are more often fatal because they dont have the discharge.

My staff went down with Pyo about 2months ago,ended up having a full hysterectomy,she recovered quickly and is fine now,as others have said though,by the time symptoms are visible theyre in a bad way.Good luck with your bitch :thumbs:BTW if she were mine I would have her spayed ATB Dave

Edited by northern lad
  • Like 1