Deerhound Lurchers

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2014_01090056_1.jpg

2014_01090099.jpg

2014_01090074%202.jpg

Like the look of that dog in the 3rd pic how have you found them work wise? And whats in it?

The bitch in the foreground is 1st cross deer/grey and the very dark brindle is a collie cross (from Hancock's).

Workwise, the deer grey is a bit big for rabbits. She can fill a bag OK but not as quickly as the collie cross. She can catch the occasional hare when she gets the chance and when anything bigger gets up the odds are the other way round as my Hancock bitch is only 24 inches.

Both will use their noses a bit too and I do a fair bit of daytime mooching about as well as the lamping. I used to ferret a lot too but only go a couple of times a year these days so my deer cross hasn't really done much ferreting.

Edited by Maximus Ferret

Does gafer live there as well by any chance?

PMSL. Gafer

It used to make me laugh that his avatar had the word 'gaffer' in it...

why so ??

Because his avatar had the word spelt correctly, but his name was spelt wrong.

the big chief is gafer gecko lol

Ahahahaha. Did not realise. I wish the mods would put people's previous user names alongside ether new names...

Always liked that trigger dog, Capable write all over him. Old Sal looked a nice type as well dogs for anything types day or night. Whats the young red brute turning out like or still to early really? And the brindle bitch out of trigger she's had a few seasons now she turned as expected?

Dont think there's alot of real working deerhound blooded dog's about theses days. Alots real watered down to carrie traits throw apart from the rough broken coats

• Like 1