Guard Dog , Get Couple Jacks Lol

been few posts about various guard dog breeds of late, and I've always thought get well bred Alsatian , they are the best , there big, vocal, and will bite if they have to . Well a local little garage where I live , go 2 dog/bitch jack russells and there are very sharp little dogs, and if the bloke (mechanic) at the back etc they soon let him know. Most times ive gone there and dog come out and he calls them off and there ok . well went yesterday to get me motor for a service/etc , pulled up at the place , got out and these 2 little feckers were right on me , didn't bite just growled and got there heads by me ankles . I stood still shouted the bloke, and then walked to front door of the place , they walked with me dead feckin close to me legs , I shouted again then the bloke came from the back of his garage . I tell you what , there deff off putting around your feet :yes: . the bloke said he had few people snooping about , and he reckons they stop few people, as some don't get out of there cars , I can see why lol . I know they nothing compared to a mal, gsd , rottie , and determined thief would prob just kill them anyway . but watch dog there are brill , they do good job there brave little dog that would deff take clamp on to your leg, and it would bloody hurt as well lol

• Like 1

A lot of people are doing the same now mate, instead of guard dog just getting alittle terrier to act as more of a watch dog. Can see the appeal in it but wouldn't dream of leaving two little terriers on there own to guard a scrap yard\garage or building site.

• Like 1

A lot of people are doing the same now mate, instead of guard dog just getting alittle terrier to act as more of a watch dog. Can see the appeal in it but wouldn't dream of leaving two little terriers on there own to guard a scrap yard\garage or building site.

yeh true, :thumbs: got be a mal,gsd,rottie for the scrap yard job , lets face it most of these places seem to have some rough looking Alsatian type thing on big chain or worse loose , but a jack be great just around your house , just as watch dog to let you know somebody about :thumbs::yes:

• Like 1

My old Ma has a wee Staff with a healthy dose of JRT blood and he's the best alarm dog I've ever known and with the staff blood he's a better size and a bit more intimidating to people sniffing about.

I know she sleeps soundly with him at the end of the bed :yes:

You Wouldn't Know I Had Dogs As The Only Place a You Can See Kennels Is From My Kitchen Window & There Quiet As Church Mice . . . Thats Until You Try & Get Round Back ( Which You Can't As Gate is Locked When Dogs At Home) The 2 Terriers Go Absolute Crazy . . . Youd Think The Hound Of The Baskervilles Where Behind The Door :)