Trying To Catch Moles

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not being funny but i would say good luck to em ...i think a lot of pest control is to underpriced..

I guess it depends on the kind of business one wants to run. If you want repeat customers, you treat them fairly. If your goal is to make as much money as you can on every call and you are not concern

Never set a trap facing southeast moles just don't like it .

Posted Images

Over here all sorts of things take over vacant mole tunnels; voles, mice, rats and reptiles such as snakes and toads. Also small predators such as weasels go through the tunnels looking for a meal. If there are open holes then chances are it is not moles who are resident.

Got me a mole today! It was pretty ripe...so maybe have been a few days old. It got caught right in neck. Quick death ensued.

Over here all sorts of things take over vacant mole tunnels; voles, mice, rats and reptiles such as snakes and toads. Also small predators such as weasels go through the tunnels looking for a meal. If there are open holes then chances are it is not moles who are resident.

Got me a mole today! It was pretty ripe...so maybe have been a few days old. It got caught right in neck. Quick death ensued.

Great stuff!

I'll have my invoice in the post later today.

Great stuff!

You will get paid when I get the rest of the family :D Lots of work left to do yet!

Great stuff!

You will get paid when I get the rest of the family :D Lots of work left to do yet!

Bloody customers! Same the world over. Never happy to pay :tongue2:

I love it when they agree a price , then ask for a discount if you clear the moles up quickly.

Had a great one yesterday the customer phoned up and said" the moles should be easy to catch all the mole hills are in line"...............

Edited by Rowan

It's the ones who follow you around pointing out the freshest molehills and can't understand why you don't put your traps right next to them. As though the mole has only moved a few feet. And then when you pull a mole out of a trap along a path or fence line thirty metres away they don't believe its the same one that made the molehills. But as long as they pay and keep calling me back I'll put up with them. :thumbs:

Sometimes I feel like saying to this type of customer "if you know so much about catching moles why don't you do it your ******* self?!"

Maybe I should?! But you're right nicepix, as long as they're paying and keep calling you back is all that matters.

On the other hand, some customers are a joy to work for - suppose you have to take the rough with the smooth.

I was asked to get rid of some moles in a stunningly manicured garden, the first thing i noticed was an array of garden pitchforks and childrens hand held wind rotators dotted next to mole hills! In the garden, i found pearls of garlic, broken wine bottle pieces and of all things . . . Wrigleys Juicy Fruit chewing gum sticks!!!

She admitted she had looked " ont' tinternet " for ideas on how to get rid of moles, but after she had placed all her 'mole deterents' the number of molehills kept multiplying, ( DOH !!! I wonder why? ) so she decided to call in a mole eggspurt!

I smiled all afternoon until i left that garden and eventually caught six moles for her.

Happy Days!

: )