Is There No Rule Of Thumb Anymore

Wats happened to the no hunting when there isn't an r in the month admittedly I had to do some for a farmer but only to keep the permission but all I see is crops are cut let's get out if you have a pup you want to start then fair play but then every one moans there's no rabbits about is it me or has the hunting lost its way

• Like 4

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's lost it's way pal. You see it on here some folk get slated by folk saying summertime hunters but when popular people on here do it they say great job keep the good work up. I don't understand

Spot on that. Farmers don't want to here "I can't come for 6 months now mate sorry, don't want to upset the boys on THL." Hahaha. I do less through the summer, a lot less, but the dogs are still out m

Won't go near my permission from March till late September have been doing it that way gor years never summer hunt summers gor fishing and relaxing

It's lost it's way pal. You see it on here some folk get slated by folk saying summertime hunters but when popular people on here do it they say great job keep the good work up. I don't understand

Edited by jamie_rob
  • Like 12

spot on
well said if I said I got 30 rabbits last night I'd be ripped apart but I'd love to get my pup and my dogs out but if I did my season would end early as there would be nothing left why has it all turned into a game of my dog is better then yours why aren't people happy of just enjoying goiñg out and just working there dogs and getting out and catching a few rabbits here and there sorry about this but it makes my piss boil and I'm having a rant
  • Like 3

Everyone who has working dogs hunts all year round if it's lamping or just mooching about. There not going to stay in doors all summer. It's the folk that slate and then out walking with the bushing dogs and lurchers walking the field's. Your ratching to buckle something not just a general walk cause if you weren't you'll be doing road miles as so many say.

My dogs get a good earned rest and start getting them fit plus I get stuck into work ready to go beating as I take time off rabbit numbers are down as it is without people goiñg out taking 30+ young easy rabbits and thinking there dog is the best thing since sliced bread just go out and enjoy the sport it's not about numbers and being top dog respect the old codes of the hunting game don't abuse it

• Like 2

I've got a good few farms now but won't touch them till September and I could walk my dog all night just to pick up big numbers to get in the big boys gang but why should I run my dogs into the ground to prove a point and have to find another dog after 3 / 4 years old my oldest dog is 6 and he's still going strong and I hope he stays that way

• Like 2

It's called breeding season for a reason not hunting season all year round.but if you want to become a summer hunter or a all yr round hunter crack on,but when you have killed everything on your permission and around the doors during the summer ffs don't come on here saying or its shit around here now I have to travel 50miles or something.just because you have killed your own sport off then start crying because you haven't had a breeding season.atb

• Like 2

It's called breeding season for a reason not hunting season all year round.but if you want to become a summer hunter or a all yr round hunter crack on,but when you have killed everything on your permission and around the doors during the summer ffs don't come on here saying or its shit around here now I have to travel 50miles or something.just because you have killed your own sport off then start crying because you haven't had a breeding season.atb

yes and then they either sell up or poach other peoples land who have worked hard to gain trust off the land owners to lose it