Sportlight 150...

Well it was the field test tonight.

Nipped to a bit of permission where the farmer has been pestering me to go. I've been putting him off for months but decided to go tonight. Night off work and got my new lamp today.

My old Tracer 210 is clearly not as good as it should be. Wether that's the bulb or battery I don't know. My mate came witn my tracer 210 and his own lightforce 170 to compare them and there was not much difference.

The sportlight 150 matched them both. The beam is tighter and a funny blue/white which takes some getting used to. But the dog didn't seem to notice any difference. It goes plenty far enough and it is lovely not having wires trailing and batteries around your waist or in a bag etc.

All in all I am very impressed for a measly £60...

90C27C6E-441A-44DA-9D72-23388F935026_zps

• Like 6

Cheers fellas.

mhopton - it says 2.5 hours continuous use. But that's gotta be 5-7 hours lamping. You don't even have it on half the time do you?

Wideboy - it was unusual to say the least. Will take some getting used to. But can't see the 210 getting much use now to be honest.

Well it was the field test tonight.

Nipped to a bit of permission where the farmer has been pestering me to go. I've been putting him off for months but decided to go tonight. Night off work and got my new lamp today.

My old Tracer 210 is clearly not as good as it should be. Wether that's the bulb or battery I don't know. My mate came witn my tracer 210 and his own lightforce 170 to compare them and there was not much difference.

The sportlight 150 matched them both. The beam is tighter and a funny blue/white which takes some getting used to. But the dog didn't seem to notice any difference. It goes plenty far enough and it is lovely not having wires trailing and batteries around your waist or in a bag etc.

All in all I am very impressed for a measly £60...90C27C6E-441A-44DA-9D72-23388F935026_zps

nice little bag raoul

Who,s the lamp made by, anyone got a link for one or a close up picture ? cheers

It's made by deben.

This is the lamp next to my deben tracer 210...

744A3379-5BCD-4F3B-9F25-2D6896C3E003_zps

I ain't saying it's the lamp to replace all lamps. But for 60 sheets it's a bargain. More than adequate for the task in hand. Cheap enough to chuck about or lose.

The 2.5 hours runtime might be a problem for some lads but can't see it being an issue for me.

I thought that not having a dimmer might be an issue, I don't like a lamp on full blast all the time. But the beam is tight enough that it doesn't really cause a problem.

• Like 1