Bull x Grayhound

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pointless for rabbits and rats.......... :laugh: but for foxes i would have a 5/8 3/8 or a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull :yes:

Pointless ay whippet boy? im sure there are alot of people that could prove you wrong :tongue2: half crosses make great drawing dogs, and will catch there fair share on the lamp :thumbs: There a strong bideable dog and can be very handy tools. I do agree tho a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull or a 3/8 5/8 would be better if your purely running lamped fox, some people often forget how fast fox's can shift. But a decent half cross will still paste its fair share on the lamp :yes: Obviously some will throw more heavy to the bull side and some will be more racey, if you could fine a slightly racier half cross then it would be a very nice tool of a dog.

Witton

to work allong side the terriers if always had 1/2 cross they had there fair share on the lamp but they did lack a bit of speed some times, if i was to get another i think i would get a 5/8 3/8 for that bit more speed but without loosing to much of the bull which makes them the dog they are. at the moment though i running on a wheaton cross see how she goes i may be getting a 5/8 3/8 bull greyhound yet.

Guest john2007oliver
pointless for rabbits and rats.......... :laugh: but for foxes i would have a 5/8 3/8 or a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull :yes:

I know of a heavy 1/2 bull x that can catch rabbits and rats and pulls foxes. But thats not whats hes used for mainly

Edited by john2007oliver

I know of a heavy 1/2 bull x that can catch rabbits and rats and pulls foxes. But thats not whats hes used for mainly

put it on some golf corse bunnies see how it does then.... 8) and while we are on the subject if a heavey 1/2 bull x is doing them think what a decent whippet / rabbiting dog could do :gunsmilie:

and witton he dident say what he wanted it for... :D in my opinion having a half bull x for rabbiting sounds like a bad move to me :yes:

Silly boy :rolleyes:

This first cross was used primarily for rabbits and occasional rats.

post-1820-1195062928_thumb.jpg

And never had any problem with stamina.

post-1820-1195063024_thumb.jpg

post-1820-1195063056_thumb.jpg

Was also usefull for anything else which may have popped up from time to time?

Would be wonderfull to know what you based your opinions on?

MOLL.

i've seen versatile 1/2 crosses ,some will catch rabbits,and a few of them too,but i think thats missing the point of them :doh: they have there uses,and not just drawing :icon_eek::thumbs:

but if rabbits are your only quarry theres better crosses for the job i'd say,but when it gets tough...

where would that leave a whippet/rabbit dog, :doh:

i based it on the half bull xs i have seen and most of them have been shite :yes: now i aint not nothing agenst the breed but i think there are better crosses for rabbits then a half x bull grey yes when the going get tough the bull cross is more then capible of seeing it off :yes: but for rabbits i still think there shite but it wont matter thers a opinion from a silly boy :D

Guest john2007oliver
i based it on the half bull xs i have seen and most of them have been shite :yes: now i aint not nothing agenst the breed but i think there are better crosses for rabbits then a half x bull grey yes when the going get tough the bull cross is more then capible of seeing it off :yes: but for rabbits i still think there shite but it wont matter thers a opinion from a silly boy :D

Like you said, he didn't mention what he wants it for so why do you keep referring back to rabbit as though thats what he wants it for? I've never saw that dog run golf course rabbits, but even so if they are shite on there, simple answer, don't take em on golf courses. Like i said this dog was not a rabbiting dog but was more than capable of taking a few.

so if its for rabbit he wants why get a half bull x if you carnt take it on a golf course :blink: if its foxes or bigger game he is after i would get a more racer 3/4 breed dog just got abit more speed to catch its quarry :yes: its got to catch it before it can kill it :thumbs:

stick to the whippets on golf courses little BOY. a no a lad whos got a half bullx and its good at retreaving any quarry.