Bull x Grayhound

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so if its for rabbit he wants why get a half bull x if you carnt take it on a golf course :blink: if its foxes or bigger game he is after i would get a more racer 3/4 breed dog just got abit more speed to catch its quarry :yes: its got to catch it before it can kill it :thumbs:

stick to the whippets on golf courses little BOY. a no a lad whos got a half bullx and its good at retreaving any quarry.

i will stick to my whippet cross dont you worry... :D

WB Ive seen some half x bulls that are handy rabbit dogs. Golf course rabbits are hard for any breed :good:

well there are going to be some half bull x that can catch a rabbit or 2 but there are better dogs built for the job :yes: but as far as foxes go i dont think you can go wrong with a bull x :thumbs:

i based it on the half bull xs i have seen and most of them have been shite :yes: now i aint not nothing agenst the breed but i think there are better crosses for rabbits then a half x bull grey yes when the going get tough the bull cross is more then capible of seeing it off :yes: but for rabbits i still think there shite but it wont matter thers a opinion from a silly boy :D

No one has claimed they are the best for rabbits, no-one is so narrow minded as to make any such claims. But they can be as average or even good as most other dog at rabbits.

But claiming they are all shite is rather an immature statement perhaps showing your lack of knowledge and insight into the breed or lurchers in general :yes::D

As Roybo stated, at least with the bull x you have the added advantage of taking other forms of quarry if the need dictates :thumbs:

MOLL.

Guest john2007oliver
i based it on the half bull xs i have seen and most of them have been shite :yes: now i aint not nothing agenst the breed but i think there are better crosses for rabbits then a half x bull grey yes when the going get tough the bull cross is more then capible of seeing it off :yes: but for rabbits i still think there shite but it wont matter thers a opinion from a silly boy :D

No one has claimed they are the best for rabbits, no-one is so narrow minded as to make any such claims. But they can be as average or even good as most other dog at rabbits.

But claiming they are all shite is rather an immature statement perhaps showing your lack of knowledge and insight into the breed or lurchers in general :yes::D

As Roybo stated, at least with the bull x you have the added advantage of taking other forms of quarry if the need dictates :thumbs:

MOLL.

Well put

:victory::thumbs:

MOLL.

other forms of quarry not here in england rabbits and rats only legal quarry,so if you are sticking to the ban is it really worth getting a half bred bull x :blink: and for the record i did not say thay were all shite i said the ones i have seen run on rabbits i may add. but on bigger stuff were you are allowed to hunt them i dont think you can beat them :thumbs:

I have both.Whippet and 1/2 bull cross.The whippet is in its first season and i must admit a better dog for the rabbits.I wouldnt say my half cross is pointless far from it.If i could only take one dog to land where all quarry was likely to be available then the only dog i would take would be my half cross.I personnaly believe this cross has the potential to be the best all rounder.Perhaps you answered to quickly without thinking. :thumbs:

Yes you did :D

but for rabbits i still think there shite but it wont matter thers a opinion from a silly boy

I dont just purchase a dog for its ability to catch rabbits alone. The intelligence, ease to train, terrain i work, prey i may come into contact with, compatability with me and mine and my lifestyle are all taken into account.

If i was of the mindset 'I want rabbits sod anything else' then yes i would have purchased another type of lurcher. No-one has yet argued that with you, just your belief that bull crosses are not capable of killing anything other than fox :blink:

MOLL.

Yes you did :D
but for rabbits i still think there shite but it wont matter thers a opinion from a silly boy

I dont just purchase a dog for its ability to catch rabbits alone. The intelligence, ease to train, terrain i work, prey i may come into contact with, compatability with me and mine and my lifestyle are all taken into account.

If i was of the mindset 'I want rabbits sod anything else' then yes i would have purchased another type of lurcher. No-one has yet argued that with you, just your belief that bull crosses are not capable of killing anything other than fox :blink:

MOLL.

yes i understand that moll :thumbs: i no bull xs can catch rabbits and foxes among other things and are as game as hell i just wouldent consider having a half x unless for drawing,wouldent a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull do the same job but have abit more pace i think that cross would make a better all rounder than a half x just my opinion :thumbs:

would love to stay and chat but the is lamping to be done goodnight :D

I agree WB. But you can get very racey 1st crosses, racier than most 2nd gen or 3/8ths etc. If you are lucky enough to get one of these dogs you are very lucky indeed imo :D

post-1820-1195072591_thumb.jpg

Cant help it, i will always champion the bull x...lovely, lovely dogs :tongue2::toast:

MOLL.