Twentytwo Lr Thoughts...

Has any one had a problem with recycling the spent case on Winchester subs (black box ) as opposed to the old blue box ones .? ..my CZ works perfectly using subs from the blue box but not from the black ...

Nope my Anschutz 525 spits em out all day long.

Best .22's in my SAKO are GECO 40gr Solids ('lead round nose' on the box).

These are target rounds, so no use for Rabbits as they pass straight through, then ricochet all over the countryside.

They are called 'Standard' velocity' and chrono at around 1,000fps so are just about subsonic but not quite, still nowhere

near the noise of a 'proper' HV.

But for club use and plinking none better, also they are cheaper than the mainstream Eleys Winchester or RWS

subsonic's.

For hunting I use Winchester or Eley Subs by choice, that said the 'newer' Winchesters are not as good as the 'old' Olin

made in Australia blue box? Probably churned out in Mexico?

As for HV, I have some but rarely use them, CCI Velocitor and Winchester Lazer are my choice, but as I said I don't use

them much, way too noisy and no real advantage over a well placed sub, and I have centrefire's for Fox & Deer.

Winchester subsonics are brilliant, I also used to use cb ammo when shooting up trees for pigeon and squirrels as they were much safer with just about 30 fpe. but with the winchester rounds on damp mornings all you could hear was a hiss as they left the moderator and a click of the firing pin.

You can't get a Rimie to out put only 30 FPE? I didn't know that. I thought the lowest was around 60'ish.

Winchester subsonics are brilliant, I also used to use cb ammo when shooting up trees for pigeon and squirrels as they were much safer with just about 30 fpe. but with the winchester rounds on damp mornings all you could hear was a hiss as they left the moderator and a click of the firing pin.

You can't get a Rimie to out put only 30 FPE? I didn't know that. I thought the lowest was around 60'ish.
i think you can get some that are 25ftlb
  • Like 1

Used to shoot an Annie 1517 HMR Rez, but not any more

The 1517 surely is a better outfit than a CZ?

But not as good as a Tikka. 223 unfortunately and I needed the money to fund one. For £150 the 22LR CZ is all I need for the rabbits

• Like 1