Tonight

Well gutted got to the bit to put the first pole in and old brockie was there : ( he must of come across the field spooked them all and followed them back to where they duck into the wood , still as soon as he darted I thought I'm running itout anyway . I was pretty quick , I've trapped them on the field at dusk before when walking and they don't budge , I circled the field anyhow and wAlked across where they would be,100 yards of netting down surely 1 , nope nada , old brockie must of been wandering about out there spooking em : ( going to try earlier tomorrow, and again and again and again lol ,

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Well boys no joy bagers and fox galore , so heres the next plan as far as netting goes , anyone had any joy netting them as they come out , at dusk they don't go further than 5 metres lots of them to, I was thinking of running it out just off the boundary of the wood see if any joy, the wood it's self is a conservation area : (

You could knock up some sort of drop system I know you are meant to leave it out for them to get used it but at this time of year bound to be one daft enough to go under. Or run out a bit of rope for a few days with some thing hanging off just to get them semi used to it just a thought.

It sounds like a challenge

• Like 1

Would the Foxes and with the badgers so closeby , take them from the drop nets? I've four, five longnets but never used them yet. A mate give me some ' nylon with ash poles home made. Another guy i met a few years back said he was netting hares for movement, he was leaving them at night for a hour or so, said the Foxes be hanging around to get em( obviously). Think there's were under gate nets,