Agressive Jill

in peoples experience do your jills become very agressive following a litter. I expect her to be protective of her young, but she is now looking to have a go at the first oportunity. She has alway been a little tempramental. I was gifted her from an old school ferreter and she is a good worker. But it is now getting tothe point where I cant even put my hand into the hutch without her looking to bite. Any tips would be great. The kits are almost 5 weeks old and starting to wean and become more active. :hmm::hmm:

Its a female matey...they all get hormonal at some point...lol.

In another week or 2 she will be begging you to take her out of the hutch and away from the kits.

Funny things these ferrets..lol

In another week or 2 she will be begging you to take her out of the hutch and away from the kits.

Lol :-)

Separate from kits when old enough. She will settle, could be protective/dominance thing. Or a woman thing.

Atb

Some jills after they have had a litter i wouldnt go near them unless i had welding gloves on. The jill iv got now doesnt mind one bit me being at her kits but her mother gave me a couple of bites through my jeans for just being in the same garden never mind going near the hutch. hormoenal bitches. She should calm down again for this season.

Separate from kits when old enough. She will settle, could be protective/dominance thing. Or a woman thing.

Atb

when is old enough??

Atb

when is old enough??
when there running about drinking and eating bye them selfs
  • Like 1

As said separate them and run the kits on by them selves for a couple of weeks and see there all eating well ,and the jill will soon settle down once she stops producing milk and is away from the kits

I've the same one of my Jills has turned into a right psycho, she's had me a couple of times now , now I'm putting on this really thick ski gloves to take her out whilst cleaning the cage :icon_eek: I'm hoping when the kits go after 8 weeks she returns to normal, otherwise I'll be wearing the thick gloves when I take her out this season haha