Gotta Love The Rapid

2 bandits and half a salad

I managed to get my rapid zeroed again at long last this morning. After getting an early finish I managed to get the mrs to give me a lift to my nearest permission ( she must know its pay day soon ). Any way I got settled in behind the sheds and not long after a magpie landed on the fence about 40 yards away.

He was sat chattering away until he met his maker in the form of a crosman premier in .20 and slumped to the ground dead as the fence post from which he fell. Not 2 minutes later his mate came in screeching and giving it the big licks trying to rouse his dead friend.

Now this one just wouldn't settle for a shot and departed the scene in a hurry.

I went and picked up the fallen bird and propped him up as though he was on look out, this worked as after maybe ten mins had passed another maggie came in to see what he was up to. This one did stay still for long enough to get a shot away and he joined his bandit mate on the deck, stone dead.

At this point the crows and magpie's went absolutely mental for about 5-6 mins non stop noise but not landing or presenting a shot. Once they'd chilled out it obvious no more action was forth coming and I went and collected both birds.

I rang the boss ( mrs ) to come and get me and as I waited a woodie landed smack in the middle of the field, I know the ranges here pretty well and this was 20 yards away. Giving it a wee bit for wind and hold under I let the crosman prem fly again and it came home to for part of a salad for tomorrow's dinner.

3 great shots and 3 clean kills. I was expecting to bag a few squirrels but never saw any at all..........strange for this place as its usually crawling with them.

555F9333-F9FF-44AA-BF1E-AB3F2A6E91C8.jpg

C02A8C36-DEEF-468A-A4CA-F017E5AE4448.jpg

i must say that this rapid is one clinical rifle.

Gotta love a well sorted rapid

• Like 3