Shark Fishing In Ireland

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you get them numbers the wrong way round mate :laugh:

I remember the first time I took the wife out fishing on the dory with me. We were on the end of Worms head, and it was quite choppy and the dory was bouncing around a fair bit. As the tide picked up

Heavy night and sea fishing feck that done it once felt that rough wanted to swim back atb flacko

Posted Images

:laugh: I remember the first time I took the wife out fishing on the dory with me. We were on the end of Worms head, and it was quite choppy and the dory was bouncing around a fair bit. As the tide picked up is was wind against tide and it turned quite rough, fair play to the wife though she was handling it well, too well! So I asked her to go in the cuddy and get me some spinners out, in a moment she started feeling quite ill, but got the landing net to land the fish I was playing. That will teach her I thought, boasting that there was no such thing as seasickness.

As she went to land the fish she was sick and her false teeth fell out of her mouth. She had the fish in the net and her teeth were slowly sinking, so I grabbed the net off her and scooped the teeth before they sank too far. Up until then I had been having a bass per cast and had about 20 between 3 and 5lb in the boat.

It backfired on me big time though as I had to head home as she was getting worse. The other boys that were there ended up with big bags of fish after I had left. One had over 80 fish between two of them.

TC

• Like 4

:laugh: :laugh:

Now what about this tree..!

I'm going to look a right bonny twat turning up in a shite shirt and carrying a Feckin tree in a pot

Where have you got to be to sit under a tree? I was on a charter boat once and by Christ it was rough, we were fishing in a festival and one bloke was so bad he was spewing up blood. They called in a helicopter to take him off the boat 10 minutes after they dropped him off at the hospital he was as right as rain.

There are two main reasons for seasickness, first is the fluid in your ear is bouncing about and the brain cannot understand what is happening, which in turn leads to nausea. The other is, that if you think you are going to be seasick you will be. The best way of overcoming the fluid in the ear is to look at the horizon, that way the brain has a reference point to understand what is happening. The answer to the second cause is to just keep busy and don't think about seasickness. You will be surprised how many people who initially feel sick perk up when catching fish.

TC

• Like 1

:laugh: :laugh:

Now what about this tree..!

I'm going to look a right bonny twat turning up in a shite shirt and carrying a Feckin tree in a pot

Oh FFS. Trees are on land moxy.

Note to TC. Spell it out next time. :laugh:

I loved worms head as a lad, never fished there or nowt tho, but what a beautiful place

Worms head is an odd place the tide goes out for 4 hours and comes in for 8. Nearly all in the same direction.

TC

Focus on the horizon mate. Take double dose of motion pills and hope for zero wind lol

Other than that don't fall over board. Tight lines pal

You should come to Whitby with us to get used to it........... no boozing for me the night before. I learned my lesson the first time and spent the day feeding the gulls with what I was spewing back over board.

I will Bry. I don't normally suffer motion sickness. Years of swaying round in windy tree tops has sorted that.

It's going to be a four day mission. We land the Friday and fish the Sunday. So if I take it steady on the Saturday chundering shouldn't be a problem.

As I said. Fishing ain't my thing but I'm looking forward to it.

Early August. I don't know what we're going for. Piss up and feeling sick on a boat is what I have in my mind

Well you are going the right time of year, kwells will help with sea sickness. If it's in the north west of Ireland and you need a decent skipper give us a PM and I can give you a few numbers of good lads in the business.

Cheers mate. Boat booked and going from Cobh :thumbs:

I loved worms head as a lad, never fished there or nowt tho, but what a beautiful place

Worms head is an odd place the tide goes out for 4 hours and comes in for 8. Nearly all in the same direction.

TC

Spent many a weekend out on worms head sleeping rough and fishing early 80s.