The 97 Sporter Dose It Again

Went back to the farm again to night got there for a little over 6 got two rabbits with the 97 and a crow

but one of the rabbits had mixie it was 40ish yards away took aim and it ran towards me then stopped then set off again towards me i new instantly what was up i looked at its eye,s and could see through the scopes that its eye,s were closed any way i let a jsb go and put it out of its misery

it guts me to see any animal like this in fact it fecks me right off

When i first saw the rabbit it was sat away from the rest (about 4 or five of them) well away

as if it had been segregated from the pack so to speak

any way it was put to sleep fast and affective and out of its pain

I no this disease was man made but feck me what were they thinking of

any way the next one was just a young one at about 25 yards nice shot and it was sent on its way to

the crow i got from the tank as i drove into the perm at 20 yards as it was feeding on the ground

i got to tell you lads this 97 sporter and them ZOS scopes are a perfect mach

atvbmac :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

O and CC and VM its a 22

post-63400-0-32861600-1431729221.jpg

post-63400-0-32913800-1431729231.jpg

post-63400-0-72457400-1431729245_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-11620000-1431729265_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Your back in your stride now then,sounds as if you are confident with and enjoying that set up,two very important things in shooting?? Nice little bag there,and it is horrible to see the things mooching around almost aimlessly with that disease but thankfully it seems quite rare now? Well done and you are flying the hw97k .22 flag like mark williams does the hw100kt .177 one!! Let's not start keeping score or anything now lads!?!?

• Like 1

Mac, what the reticle like on that zos scope?, looks a bit thick in adverts for them

DJ its not like the pic bud its a lot finer but there a cracking scope for the money

iv been out again to night with vis and i took the 97 again i set zero three days ago and its held zero since then

took out 12 crows with her to night and vis got 2 rabbits

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

PS,mind iv never had the lamp on her yet so dont no what it will be like ill let you no when i do

nice shooting mate.

ive used the scope i had off you for the first time today, i waited till i got the hw99. lovely little scope, thanks again mate!

Im happy your happy bud, if iv got it and i dont use it i dont mind passing it on

nice chose of rifle to

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

My father, now retired, worked as a security guard for 30yrs on an MOD gun testing range. It was riddled with rabbits and he and one or two others shot them with airguns. One day he spotted a white van moving slowly around the perimeter fence looking suspicious. He set off in his land rover, with his Alsatian guard dog, and intercepted the guy. He found 3 infected (with mixy) rabbit carcasses in the boot of the van and the chap was throwing them onto the site. We never got to the bottom of who paid the van driver to do this, it was all hushed up, but everyone was furious about this. One rumour was it was the MOD itself, another, a local farmer sick of rabbits.

Soon after, the MOD allowed a few of us to shoot the local land around the range so we could keep on top of the rabbits more humanely. We never saw mixy again there, but it was devastating when it was around for about a 2-year period. Rabbit population never fully recovered in that area and its a shadow of its former self as an area for rabbits (very sad).

You did a good thing there Mac, best to keep them out of their misery and its a god awful disease. Keep an eye out for anyone suspicious around the land. Mixy is man made and is often put down illegally by someone.

Edited by Dr B
  • Like 1