Pup has had diarrhea for a few days, i starved him for nearly 24 hours then put him on a bland diet of rice and chicken.

The diarrhea has continued, mostly an orange colour, have seen some green.

Phoned the vets today, they said to continue the rice and chicken, this time smaller portions splitting it up into four meals a day, also told them about few drops of blood from his penis yesterday, so far theres been none today and never been blood in his unrine.

His still very lively, running about flat out on walks. If i was to put a bowl of raw beef down it would be gone in two seconds.

If any of yous have any other helpfull advice, would be appreciated :thumbs:

Stop walking him and give him rest ... Go and get the small pro biotic drinks like Yakult and give him one in the morning and one in the evening and make sure after boiling the rice you wash it until the water runs clear oh and make sure you are boiling the chicken also ... Did you tell the vet about blood coming from his Penis ? That could be kidney trouble or an infection in the bladder urinary tract etc ........

Stop walking him and give him rest ... Go and get the small pro biotic drinks like Yakult and give him one in the morning and one in the evening and make sure after boiling the rice you wash it until the water runs clear oh and make sure you are boiling the chicken also ... Did you tell the vet about blood coming from his Penis ? That could be kidney trouble or an infection in the bladder urinary tract etc ........

Will do socks. Aye the chicken is boiled. I did tell the vets, told them it wasnt in his urine. Just told me to keep him on the bland diet for a couple more days and see how he does.

Good advice from socks regarding the prebiotic drinks can also use live yogurt mixed with cold boiled rice better still ya can get a paste from vets I had same problem with a collie bull grey pup took 3 weeks of treatment it started after a worming treatment

Edited by leethedog
  • Like 1

hes good now, took a few days. hes now back on raw beef etc with no problems. stuck to the rice and chicken spread out with those drinks socks mentioned(cheers) vet reckons the blood was because he was over sexed, randy wee f****r... my bitch was also in season, thankfully he didnt figure out what its for :laugh::laugh:

dean, he doesnt get to run hard for to long because bones are still growing.. when he does run with my bitch, am impressed how quick he is and well he turns already. looking foward to finding him one or two easy runs later in the year.

Edited by Joe1888