CK Tools: Quality or Crap?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:wallbash::censored: Ok. So I'm Trying to build a simple f*cking box frame with a couple of holes in it ~ That's all covered under the " Idstone Trap Pit " Thread, I believe, on the Trapping board. It's Also managed to spread itself to some other bloody thread around here, somewhere, where I had to ask about how the hell I attatch my CK Hole Cutter to my poxy drill.

So; That one led to me going into town today. Returning to the shop where I bought the Hole Cutter and searching out a " Mandrell " or " Arbour ". Found one. Tucked away at the top of a huge display rack of every concievable size of CK Hole Cutters. I was doublly delighted to fine one which A/ Was said to fit my previously bought cutter and B/ Is SDS drill compatible. Great! I'd finally get those two stupid holes cut and get on.

No Way! I've just this minute remembered my new Arbour and fetched my hole cutter. No instructions provided (such as Buy The F*cking Arbour With the Cutter, which would have saved me a week!) But I fiddled with it and worked it out. My Arbour is now attatched to my Cutter.

Next thing is to pop the guide bit ('drill') into the hole in the centre. Which I did. And it fell straight out again! So I twisted it. Shoved it. Shoved it and twisted it. Looked at the top and and, guess what? There's a Threaded f*cking HOLE there!!! :censored: The poxy thing's obviously come minus some special Grub Screw!!!

So that's My weekend f*cking ruined! I'm sat here - Yet Again! - on my f*cking fingers, because I can't do Shit with this unuseable, less than complete, tool. Not for the best part of Another week, at least, when I go storming back in there and start searching through the couple of other Arbours on that CK Tools display in the hope of finding a bloody screw to nick! Otherwise, what I'll get is; " Oh. Oh dear. Well, leave it with me, Ditch and I'll have a word with the CK rep' the next time he's in ..... next year some time ... see if they can send me one, which you can come and collect ~ if the f*cking rats haven't over run ye and eaten ye alive by then ... " ! FFS!

Now; I'm Deeply Pissed Off. I imagine that's evident, yes? But here's the cracker: Decades ago, I just somehow gained the impression that CK were Quality tools. I don't even remember why now. Maybe because they tend to cost a lot and they're always displayed nicely? Thus I paid out for a pair of their very professional looking scissors. And spent a decade screwing the f*cking screw back in, as it worked loose every time I tried to use Them!!!

So now I'm gutted. It's all falling apart, all over again! So, Please, give me some feed back here, people: Have I just had the most Astoundingly bad luck here? Or Are CK Tools CRAP?! :wallbash:

What's been Your experience of the b*stards?

are you gettin a tool fetish mr shitter,if you only need a couple of big holes ,draw youre circle,drill lots of small holes and give it a tap with youre hammer or drill one hole in the middle of youre circle and use a jigsaw :laugh::drink:

WELL DITCH ,

ME AND THE STALLION WERE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION REGULAR OVER THE LAST MONTHES .......... PERSONALLY I HAVE SOME CK TOOLS , SCREWDRIVERS AND A FEW CHISELS ........ ALL I HAVE HAD FOR ABOUT 20 YRS , ALL ARE STILL IN GOOD WORKING ORDER .......... HOWEVER THE STALLION HAS A FEW DRIVERS OF THE CK MAKE BOUGHT AROUND THE SAME TIME THAT ARE ABOUT KNACKERED ........ YOU SEE ....... I KEEP TELLING HIM , A DRIVER AINT A CROWBAR !! ..

RECENTLY HE BOUGHT SOME STANLEY DRIVERS .. ALL .......... SNAPPED !!.......... THE FACTS ARE ...........ITS VERY HARD TO FIND GOOD TOP QUALITY TOOLS THESE DAYS , AND IF YOU CAN THEY ARE VERY , VERY PRICEY .........

MOST TOOLS THESE DAYS ARE MADE FOR THE DIY MARKET AND TO BE HONEST ARENT BUILT UP TO STANDARD ......... JUST BUILT TO A PRICE

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING :thumbs:

These are the ones we have at work ditch, Starrett.

starrett_292_lg.jpg

The smaller holesaws the arbours just screw in, as you go up in size the arbours have two pins that you push into the holesaw to lock it in place.....if at first you don't succeed, try, try again... !!

Ditch, If its only for a few scabby rats to pass through, could you not just drill a large enough hole to fit a jigsaw blade into and clut the hole out with the jigsaw? Thats what I do, might not looks as nice but will perform as well :thumbs:

H&J :victory:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:icon_eek: Iam; That's just about identical to what I have here! Only ye'll notice Yours have the f*cking Bit retaining screws in? And, yeppers; Mine too has the two lug holes.

H&J; If I'd wanted to f*ck about, I wouldn't have paid out for what I Hoped was a professional standard tool, mate. I could equelly just set the timber up and shoot holes in it. Hack it about with my hatchett. That's just not my way of working. I more enjoy using the correct tool for a job and seeing a tidy result.

DW; So you're basicly saying CK are quality? Then I must be one unlucky SOB! :wallbash:

Ditch, If its only for a few scabby rats to pass through, could you not just drill a large enough hole to fit a jigsaw blade into and clut the hole out with the jigsaw? Thats what I do, might not looks as nice but will perform as well :thumbs:

H&J :victory:

That method wouldnt do for a perfectionist , it has to be right :) i am exactly the same if i make something , i would rather bin it than have it not looking right :laugh: