17Hmr Question

Is there anyone out there that is using their 17hmr solely on rabbits,and as I am a registered food outlet I need them to be usable.I am pretty sure that as long as headshots are used it should be ok as I used to have a 204 that I headshot rabbits well over 200yds with that although headless were still usable.

Get yourself a .22LR Martin. It is all that you will need for bunnies at normal ranges. :thumbs:

He's got a .22 mate, just needs the rabbits. Don't seem to be the numbers round here there once were.

Same story with my permissions. The rabbits have all but disappeared.

My current pashion is giving the crows a bashing. Plenty of them around, but it does take a bit of skill to get anywhere near them. Flying Devils! :censored:

Get yourself a .22LR Martin. It is all that you will need for bunnies at normal ranges. :thumbs:

Correct, and then when all the close ones have been shot and what's left are nervous you need a HMR!

:thumbs:

You will not go wrong with a 22 rimfire. I've had 2 hmr 's both have been sold on . 22 still here.

That will be because you are either scared of your HMR or you don't have a use for it.

There is a much bigger picture out there, and plenty of people do have a use for a HMR on bunnies!

I had one and sold it on to my brother in law...but I bought another purely for night vision and rabbits, because of its flat shooting that takes any error out of rangefinding when shooting rabbits, it sure helps with mopping them up back end of the season..

Correct, and then when all the close ones have been shot and what's left are nervous you need a HMR!

Or learn to stalk. A lot of folk managed with just a .22lr and crap ammo back in the day. And a lot of guys only use an air rifle.

Or learn to stalk. A lot of folk managed with just a .22lr and crap ammo back in the day. And a lot of guys only use an air rifle. A lot of people have lost touch with stalking and would rather find a rabbit lie down and take it long range. I love the thrill of stalking a rabbit it's great fun and tests your skills

Or learn to stalk. A lot of folk managed with just a .22lr and crap ammo back in the day. And a lot of guys only use an air rifle. A lot of people have lost touch with stalking and would rather find a rabbit lie down and take it long range. I love the thrill of stalking a rabbit it's great fun and tests your skills

SD, we used stones, spears and bows and arrows as well, I shoot a major size, flat, and very well managed Private sports ground, it has 6 full size football pitches and 3, 5 a side pitches.

When I first arrived air rifle was fine, then .22lr and now HMR is struggling, I may well have to use a centrefire soon.

I do this professionally, I use a mass of different calibres, after a mass of different quarry in a mass of different situations.

Saying learn to stalk is a very narrow, inexperienced comment!

Edited by Deker