Brilliant stuff ? ..looks like the suns shining down there on the Southern Puffs AGAIN haha..blowing a fkn gale,grey and raining on and off up North..we are hard b*****ds up here lol..love the pics of the Reed Bunting..crackers ?

• Like 1

Aye, we soft southerners do love a bit of sun :tongue2: wall to wall blue sky, burning hot sun ... summer is on its way, warming my bones. Great photos too: all the geese are paired up down here, birds nesting, frogs spawned already.

...and the oak has already started to appear; before the ash.

Oak before ash and we'll have a splash: ash before oak and we'll have a soak.

The latter for us then Neal haha

Brilliant stuff ..looks like the suns shining down there on the Southern Puffs AGAIN haha..blowing a fkn gale,grey and raining on and off up North..we are hard b*****ds up here lol..love the pics of the Reed Bunting..crackers

lol, thanks mate..i am happy being a southern softie, seen were you walk your dogs climbing up and down those dales...the only thing I had to climb was the gate...anyway this evening sun is making me thirsty, I am just popping indoors to get another beer...lol
  • Like 1

...and the oak has already started to appear; before the ash.

Oak before ash and we'll have a splash: ash before oak and we'll have a soak.

The latter for us then Neal haha

Fuji, I never realised how dry the south east was until I moved away from it. In my late teens I moved to Cornwall for three years (very wet) and then up to Cumbria for about a year and a half (unbelievably even wetter). When my Cumbrian girlfriend at the time drove south to visit me in Hampshire one summer she said it was like going to Africa...she had no idea that grass turned brown and assumed it was always green! I remember several occasions when it would start raining one day and literally not stop for several days. The corner of the cottage I lived in in Coniston (it was one end of a 17th Century bobbin mill owned by the ex's family) overhung the beck and the corner of the foundations was actually in the water.

• Like 1