Heavy Pellets

Guest SJM

What is the best heaviest pellet for a .22 and wheres the cheapest supplier to buy from (online) ?

Had a look round my local gun place today and all they had was milbro pellets, I am after the heavier ones anyone know the best brand to buy? Cheers in advance :signthankspin:

What is the best heaviest pellet for a .22 and wheres the cheapest supplier to buy from (online) ?

Had a look round my local gun place today and all they had was milbro pellets, I am after the heavier ones anyone know the best brand to buy? Cheers in advance :signthankspin:

Are they for an fac gun,or 12ftlbs? and is the gun spring or pcp?

Edited by bill88
Bisley magnum or Rabbit Magnums which i think are H+N in a red tin,very heavy the H+N ones

They are good heavy pellet's and so a barracuda.. but why do you want heavy pellet's as they drop like bricks and your distance is badly affected unless the gun is FAC ..

Millet

Depends what your shooting and where millet.. In my younger years Myself and a friend often went along the local river with the W95 and a landing net close range shots on the ducks hitting them in the crop or head we got a few and a few chases to :laugh:

They do drop like bricks tho no good like you say if you where shooting at any good range. Good for lamping if your getting right ont op of rabbits there going no where with them but a light pellet also if your on top would do the job..

so they are not general purpose pellet.

Heavy pellets in .22?????

Unless you are talking close range rats do not think about using a heavy .22 in a 12ft lb gun, stick to the usual 14-14.5g pellet. The actual pellet will depend on your loading system, barrel manufacturer and to some extent spring or pcp and of course what you are aiming at, try a few to see what you and the gun get on best with.

Leaping to heavy pellets, I really rate the Bisley magnum but at 21.4g it is heavy, my gun gets on well with them but, mine is a PCP running at 25ft lb and for the work I do I tend to use Air Arms Field 5.51mm at 16.3g. At the power I run and the quarry I shoot, I find this flies fast and flat and being domed still arrives with a thump! If I was running at 30ft lb or a little over I suspect I would use the Bisley Magnum all the time, but I personally consider it just a bit too heavy for 25ft lb and what I want it to do.

Deker

Edited by Deker