Tuff Foot And Mushers Secret

my dhxgh holly as posts you've seen of her has had a toe amputated(rh foot inside toe ) n don't get me wrong I thought and vet thought its best to remove 2 digits as the toe was so badly dislocated and basically parallel with other bon in same foot so just skin holding it on .

I agreed and went ahead ,It got infected after surgery and popped the stitches I cleaned with salt an healed fine

that was last nov there wasn't much flesh to scab over so took its time now its heeled shes a bit to say the least steady on it

had a few long runs only for her to pull up at 1st obstacle ie fence hedge etc as shes been torn to pieces on a front legs with barbed wire (maybe sick of pain lol) ,but had 4 rabbits harder than normal turning steady but haring up to them learnt really fast .

I don't think shell be 100% again but I heard of these 2 remedies so bought both, has any one used these 2 if so when and how do you use it how often and do they work

I think the vet did a shxt job tbh and didn't leave enough flesh around the bone to make a decent cushion

whats your thoughts please as ive all summer to toughen and harden this problem or am I just gonna run on soft ground from now on ?????

she still chasing the lab and runs full belt but on grass and fine soil ok worked land with bigger or harder ground shes a bit gingerly to say the least

her prey drive is totally diff on the quarry she got cut to bits with but still awesome on quarry wat she loves is this brains or loss of heart another one for ya lol

thanks gibbo

58 views and no comments ?????????????????/

Proberbly no comments because no one has used the stuff your asking about,,,I know I haven't

Now being as there are hundreds of forums on the net covering hundreds of pastimes ,,sports and the like,,,,,I bet somewhere there's forum about sled dogs,,,see if you can get on one of them to ask,,,,or maybe a greyhound forum,,those boys are always dealing with foot injurys

hi tomo her skin is ok it doesn't help when the farmer put one bar tight bit of wire across a hole in a hedge what she runs or passes thru everytime I go for a walk

and one day a big rabbit got up and full pelt thru hedge as per normal with devastating results on her front leg, she never screamed and just casually trotted but to me not limping at all pity I never took a picture but I rushed her to the vets

now at 4 and half I also think she runs with her brain rather than sheer speed ???

i got my dog to removed bout 4/5 weeks ago took this pic bout 3 weeks after op same problem got infected looks better now than in pic just started walking her again so fingers crossed she will still run like she used to. pic 3 weeks after op9B48A643-73EB-4298-95FD-D721F9180AD7.jpgB39BC9B7-B9B0-4992-A2B3-7E10F731F937.jpg

Don't wanna be the profit of doom but back when the gentry were the only ones aloud to own greyhounds if any one had a dog that resembled a lurcher the only way you could keep it was to have a toe amputated from front foot to stop it running