Good News For Lampers

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had the 150 and 170 side by side and I prefer the 150 by a mile.The beam is a different colour, its whiter and clearer and takes a little getting use too, there is also less side glare. I've had

I wonder if they sorted the wiring because the wiring on the other light forces are a joke. I got no problems with my clulight for years then I got a blitz and my two mates have striker and the wirin

Well the 150 is the lamp you use only a bit more powerful.Its great how technology is coming on and this was debens first attempt. It certainly beats borrowing me old mans tractor battery and a home

NO PICS AS YET, H D,

AND HE DID NOT MENTION IT HAVING A DIMMER.

FIELDSPORTHUNTER

BUT QUITE HELPFULL I THINK HE TOLD ME AS

MUCH AS HE COULD.

I THINK THIS WILL BE THE HANDHELD, HARD TO BEAT.

LIKE THE TRADITIONAL DESIGN WE ARE USE TOO, BUT IN LED, 35 WATT

BRING IT ON.....

The 150 has a perfect beam and distance for me but it would be nice to have a little extra for when dogs are at end of beam.

The 150 operates of a 10 watt bulb so the light of a 35 watt must be amense and still only using 1/3 of the power of the traditional 100w lamps so having a dimmer on them would be very useful imo . . . there's only so much light you need.

Also the 150 has a 10w bulb and the 170 has a 100w but the 150 has a better light I can't even imagine what these new lamps will be like. . .

Be like lamping with a lighthouse lol. :-)

The Tracer150 is a bag of shite compared to a 170 striker... my mate has had 2 0f them so far and they haven't lasted a month before being rendered useless.

The beam is not as good as the striker in my humble opinion... in fact its no where near as good... the beam color is all wrong also.

Unless they use a warm color temp LED in the new versions and a brighter longer spot...forget it and stick with the old reliable 170.

The Tracer150 is a bag of shite compared to a 170 striker... my mate has had 2 0f them so far and they haven't lasted a month before being rendered useless.

The beam is not as good as the striker in my humble opinion... in fact its no where near as good... the beam color is all wrong also.

Unless they use a warm color temp LED in the new versions and a brighter longer spot...forget it and stick with the old reliable 170.

I've had the 150 and 170 side by side and I prefer the 150 by a mile.

The beam is a different colour, its whiter and clearer and takes a little getting use too, there is also less side glare.

I've had one since they came out and hammerd it and the only problem I've had is the lenses falling out which I glued back in and not had a problem since.

There are no wires to get snagged or repair and battery to carry around as its built in the handle.

Then there's the price £64.99 for the 150 or £300 for 170 and 22amp lithium battery at this price I'd buy two a year if needed.

Also another reason I like them is I've lost a few setups to the police but the 150 at £65 with red filter can be thrown away and forgot about or let them have it and buy another next day no problem.

I have both the 150 170 and 240 with lithium battery and all this year I have only used the 150.

So it has my vote atb.

• Like 3

The beam is a different colour, its whiter and clearer and takes a little getting use too, there is also less side glare.

I've had one since they came out and hammerd it and the only problem I've had is the lenses falling out which I glued back in and not had a problem since.

There are no wires to get snagged or repair and battery to carry around as its built in the handle.

Then there's the price £64.99 for the 150 or £300 for 170 and 22amp lithium battery at this price I'd buy two a year if needed.

Also another reason I like them is I've lost a few setups to the police but the 150 at £65 with red filter can be thrown away and forgot about or let them have it and buy another next day no problem.

I have both the 150 170 and 240 with lithium battery and all this year I have only used the 150.

So it has my vote atb.

Spot on pal... :thumbs:

Well, i have been using this cordless lamp below, its moreless the same as the 150 and i much prefer it to the striker.

Had it a while now and lamped all sorts with it no bother, highly recomend them and as you can see by the advert below, they are allways getting sold out, as they are so popular.. :thumbs:

http://www.mccullaghsports.ie/product_item.php?cat_name_product=Lamps+%26+Battery+Packs&record_id=522&category_level1_id=2&category_level2_id=33

• Like 1

So it has my vote atb.

Spot on pal... :thumbs:

Well, i have been using this cordless lamp below, its moreless the same as the 150 and i much prefer it to the striker.

Had it a while now and lamped all sorts with it no bother, highly recomend them and as you can see by the advert below, they are allways getting sold out, as they are so popular.. :thumbs:

http://www.mccullaghsports.ie/product_item.php?cat_name_product=Lamps+%26+Battery+Packs&record_id=522&category_level1_id=2&category_level2_id=33

Well the 150 is the lamp you use only a bit more powerful.

Its great how technology is coming on and this was debens first attempt.

It certainly beats borrowing me old mans tractor battery and a home made lamp using a plant pot when I first started.

• Like 2

Fieldsportshunter the fella said the LED in the 150 was actually a 15Watt cree L E D not

a 10 as i first thought, thats what he said.

I also have to agree that the 150 has a brilliant little beam and with a bit more distance

added,, it really would be the perfect lamp for me.

Also to Kevin Kiley, the lamp in question are not made by lightforce

the 150,, is a Tracer 150 made by Deben,, and the new lamp will be

a tracer,, with a 35 watt cree, cheers fellas. SWG DAVE

Fieldsportshunter the fella said the LED in the 150 was actually a 15Watt cree L E D not

I also have to agree that the 150 has a brilliant little beam and with a bit more distance

Thanks . . sure I read it was a 10 somewhere lol.

Do you know when new lamps are coming out.

Oh right sorry. They could be good then.im a bit wound up ha with a bag of equipment and none are working.i have a lithium battery there and we fixed the heads because they worked when tested on a car battery so now seems the battery is broken now