Help Identifying Needed ( Dog Kills Neighbours Chickens)

I am capable of living on little and saving for the things i need. Lots of money is great but your outgoings end up being more as well. I know that job was a great opportunity but would have cost me £50 a week in petrol. I needed to give 4 weeks notice otherwise i would have lost 2 weeks pay. Plus i didn't have a car at the time after the crash and was saving to buy another. At my current job I walk to work, i save money on food because i get discount and my hours give me plenty of opportunity to do the things i enjoy, i was working 2-10pm. I had the evening to go lamping and the mornings to go ferreting. Plus i was taking £800 a month back then too. i was in a comfortable position until they reduced our hours to contract ones. Mine is 16, i can get 20 with overtime at a push.

Now im looking for full time work, if you see anything . let me know and i will take it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think your wrong to blame them cos they were not penned, how far do you need to take security for a few birds, when they are in your yard, you expect them to be safe from outside influences. If they

£150 is expensive to replace the birds, but a small price to keep the harmony.

Hope it goes ok rew.   Personally I don't think you had to explain yourself like about chilling with mates having a smoke - that's no ones business but your own, I give you credit for answering eve

Posted Images

Hope it goes ok rew.

Personally I don't think you had to explain yourself like about chilling with mates having a smoke - that's no ones business but your own, I give you credit for answering everything threw at you not many do :laugh:

Good luck :thumbs:

• Like 6

Just to get back on topic,I did wonder if the first 2 was araucana cross.

If your going to pay that much,and to make amends take them to a poultry place ,let them choose 4 pure breeds ,sack of feed etc,then pay the bill,or help make better hen house ,point out that fox could done just the same.

Times like this just got to be adult about it.

• Like 1

You're pissed they didn't have the chickens penned in? It's your dog that got out. You're blaming them for not protecting their chickens from an out of control dog trespassing on their land?

Give your head a shake ffs :no:

Edited by BGD

Trespassing on there land that they haven't secured off properly. There was gaps in the hedge which I wasn't aware of, they have only moved in to the property (few months) so don't you think it is there responsibility to take care of making it a safe space for there chickens before having them?

Edited by REW

Trespassing on there land that they haven't secured off properly. There was gaps in the hedge which I wasn't aware of, they have only moved in to the property (few months) so don't you think it is there responsibility to take care of making it a safe space for there chickens before having them?

No, it's your responsibility to keep your fecking dog off their land! Why didn't you make sure the yard was secure before letting your dog off and leaving it unsupervised?

Their yard was obviously secure enough to keep their chickens from wandering, it was your out of control mutt that found a way on to their land.

Been watching this topic with interest.........why do some folk have such a chip on their shoulder when it comes to saying " i f****d up " ??.............If you thought they was in the wrong you wouldnt of compensated them........just take it on the chin like a proper chap should theres nothing wrong with making a f**k up as long as you learn from it.

• Like 2

I compensated them because it was my dog involved so I do take responsibility plus I wanted to keep the peace between neighbours BUT lol they should have used chicken fencing after losing one chicken that crossed GARDENS into my cousins and was killed by his pup as well. I think the rest of the chickens had learnt there lesson and just stayed within there own area but the owner should have used fencing knowing the risks he was facing with an unsecure garden. it was only a matter of time before a fox or cat would have done the same.

It was just a freak accident and as far as I was aware the garden was safe otherwise I wouldn't have left them unsupervised. I had forgot the chickens next door.

Lovely lurch Mochara, i honestly cant think of a anywhere that keeps chickens within 10 miles of my place so it has never been an issue. if i was to hunt around chickens then i would use that time to get them used to them. Anyway the situation is now sorted and these lot can stop bitching. i only wanted to know the breeding and price of such birds lol.