Immigrating To Canada

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi,   I posted on here a while ago about immigrating to Canada. I applied for my permanent residency back in may, and, good news, I have just received them now........ yippee ....... woop woop .

Hi Maxhardcore, heres an update for yah. As you know when we landed we stayed with friends and the first job was to get a vehicle to be able to drive about and look at areas that we would like to liv

hi all, my final update before we go, we have managed to sell nearly every thing with only my 4x4 left to sell, its actually gone quite smooth, we have got to say the rest of our good byes to friends

Posted Images

Have you seen a Cougar yet or any big predators?

No mate,tills area has the highest density of cougar in Canada,and the highest number of black bear in an a province,this province has the second highest number of black bear,when we were picked up at the airport there was two white tailed deer feeding on the roadside on the short drive home,seen mainly waterfowl since I have been here,lots of geese and duck,and seen quite a few whitetail in the city and the outskirts,saw one yesterday grazing near some houses.Tilly,got a month here,got here last Monday,Christmassy family stuff,got some mates from Sunderland "the cod squad" going near you next September,their annual fishing trip,they are going for salmon and halibut

• Like 2

No mate,tills area has the highest density of cougar in Canada,and the highest number of black bear in an a province,this province has the second highest number of black bear,when we were picked up at the airport there was two white tailed deer feeding on the roadside on the short drive home,seen mainly waterfowl since I have been here,lots of geese and duck,and seen quite a few whitetail in the city and the outskirts,saw one yesterday grazing near some houses.Tilly,got a month here,got here last Monday,Christmassy family stuff,got some mates from Sunderland "the cod squad" going near you next September,their annual fishing trip,they are going for salmon and halibut

I'm well jealous pal.

My aunty and uncle have recently moved to canada to a place called "red deer" they love it and plan to spend christmas in banff. Think im going to take mrs and kids out there next year. Probaly could get work out there no probs as the uncle designs cockpits in small planes but i dont know about moving out full time i love england to much

a months holiday with the family sounds good mac, what's the temperature/weather like over that side at the moment? it's been very wet hear for the last month or so, but not cold, where do your mates go fishing over this way mate?

Have you seen any apex predators Tilly?

we've seen a few black bears now, we watched one late yesterday afternoon along the inlet picking up the dead salmon which have been up river to spawn, then die, easy pickings for him, for the winter, also sea lions catching the salmon, they would smash them on the surface of the water to break them up to eatable sizes, then the sea gulls come over to get the bits which are left, even if your not looking, you can hear the slapping sound, we have seen some nice wildlife here, but not any cougars yet, there was one only 50yrds out of the window, at next doors, new chickens, but he got scare off, and never came back, the authorities have shot three this year, two adults and a juvenile, they just got to close to the public, they will attack give the chance, the young one caught a deer at our local supermarket, (believe it or not) which attracted the adult as well, so they had to go, and the other adult was frequently coming into a ladies garden and getting under her veranda, she tryed to scare it off to keep it away, but unfortunately it didn't, so the ranger had to shoot that one aswell, the thing is, there are loads of dears here(like mac said) in peoples gardens, parks, on the sides of the roads, i had to stop the car the other day, to let 6-8 deers cross or they would have got run over....and they become quite tame of people/cars, and that's when, i think it makes it easier for a cougar to catch them, which in-turn, brings them closer to the public, easier pickings,

but i would love to see one...and hope i have my camera on me at the time. :thumbs:

• Like 1

My aunty and uncle have recently moved to canada to a place called "red deer" they love it and plan to spend christmas in banff. Think im going to take mrs and kids out there next year. Probaly could get work out there no probs as the uncle designs cockpits in small planes but i dont know about moving out full time i love england to much

when we were in Alberta, i went to red deer a few times, for the car shows, nice place, i would image, Christmas in Banff would be pretty spectacular, it's a place of natural beauty, in winter it must look a picture,

it's a big step to up and move away from your homeland, one which takes a lot of thought.....for me....i had the opportunity, and took it, this may, i will have been here two years, (and it's flown past) only another two years...and i can apply to get my citizenship, then iv'e got the choice to stay or go back home or visa versa, without all the paper work again....

It's dry here today mate,clearish sky and 11 degrees,good view of the super moon last night out of town.I just went into cabelas for a few pics,when I was here last November there was a sign on some vacant lot saying cabelas coming soon,then in February the earth movers had broken the ground and laid it flat,they were doing the foundations,a month or so ago the store opened.

post-1930-0-40372000-1479236108_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

My mates are going an hour outside Vancouver to fish Tilley,don't know where,I will ask when I speak to them.I like this neat little touch cabelas have done,leather seats around a fire,it's a drop off spot for wives while their hubbies are wandering around the shop for an hour or so.

post-1930-0-10759100-1479236357_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

when we were in Alberta, i went to red deer a few times, for the car shows, nice place, i would image, Christmas in Banff would be pretty spectacular, it's a place of natural beauty, in winter it must look a picture,

it's a big step to up and move away from your homeland, one which takes a lot of thought.....for me....i had the opportunity, and took it, this may, i will have been here two years, (and it's flown past) only another two years...and i can apply to get my citizenship, then iv'e got the choice to stay or go back home or visa versa, without all the paper work again....

Fair play mate its payed off. Its a lovely country really is ive looked at the images of banff and it is amazing !! ,do you think you will stay out there or come home ? Atb

It's dry here today mate,clearish sky and 11 degrees,good view of the super moon last night out of town.I just went into cabelas for a few pics,when I was here last November there was a sign on some vacant lot saying cabelas coming soon,then in February the earth movers had broken the ground and laid it flat,they were doing the foundations,a month or so ago the store opened.

good to here you have nice weather bud....i actually took some pics of the super moon a couple of nights back, it won't be around for another 69 years, it doesn't take them long to throw the place up, does it, i saw them doing a new cosco in Calgary and it seemed like, a few months, and it was there.....

My mates are going an hour outside Vancouver to fish Tilley,don't know where,I will ask when I speak to them.I like this neat little touch cabelas have done,leather seats around a fire,it's a drop off spot for wives while their hubbies are wandering around the shop for an hour or so.

yeah, find out where they go, it will be good to know, the cabelas and bass pro stores are so inviting aren't they, my wife's sat in them chairs around the fire place a few times.... :laugh: but the stores themselves are fantastic, they seem endless with goodies, and the animal scenes are a good view, as well as the fishing/hunting gear, you can also buy fishing/party pontoon boats, atv's, and quads all under one roof.