Well I took an interesting call this morning from one of the dairy farms I used to do moles for back when I was still doing them.

He's just paid one of the local Wyatt Erps nearly £1500 to rid the farm of moles using gas, soon as our gas man got on his horse and left town with his booty, the farmer got the contractors in to roll the fields "not cheap", surprise surprise quite a few of the fields are now blossoming nicely with fresh hills. Calls up Wyatt Erp and says you need to get back tonto and get this finished! Ah, he doesn't guarantee his work, merely charges per canister so this will be extra at the going rate!.

Needless to say he was told to jog on, and we've been asked if we will "just this once" clear up this mess as he wants to take first cut in three weeks.

Mel's gone over today to take a look.

Edited by mole trapper
  • Like 5

She's been over and sussed out what's what, as usual the grass is getting away. So there is some urgency.

She managed to get twenty traps in, but there's quite a bit to sort out so we will both gave to get stuck in next few days. Trouble is were short of traps as we've so many jobs on the go at once, flat pack can't get any out to us till middle of next week.

Almost called bethel and then thought, nah, we will scrape by.

• Like 2

She's been over and sussed out what's what, as usual the grass is getting away. So there is some urgency.

She managed to get twenty traps in, but there's quite a bit to sort out so we will both gave to get stuck in next few days. Trouble is were short of traps as we've so many jobs on the go at once, flat pack can't get any out to us till middle of next week.

Cornish will save the day if your stuck mate, I'm sure

Cheers, D.

Cornish will save the day if your stuck mate, I'm sure

Cheers, D.

Um, probably best we don't go there! Uh hum, if you know what I mean, where's the whistling emoticon when you need it.

Well I took an interesting call this morning from one of the dairy farms I used to do moles for back when I was still doing them.

He's just paid one of the local Wyatt Erps nearly £1500 to rid the farm of moles using gas, soon as our gas man got on his horse and left town with his booty, the farmer got the contractors in to roll the fields "not cheap", surprise surprise quite a few of the fields are now blossoming nicely with fresh hills. Calls up Wyatt Erp and says you need to get back tonto and get this finished! Ah, he doesn't guarantee his work, merely charges per canister so this will be extra at the going rate!.

Needless to say he was told to jog on, and we've been asked if we will "just this once" clear up this mess as he wants to take first cut in three weeks.

Mel's gone over today to take a look.

Hard to understand why the farmer agreed to control, using the 'ali phosphide'.Couldnt he get a trapper ? The kind of money he paid out, id be a bit surprised, if he couldnt get one ?,....lol

Edited by earth-thrower

Well I was told to make some new flag wires tonight, but longer ones that we used to use on farm jobs because of the long grass.

So I did as told "as you do" and knocked up fifty eighteen inch ones, but instead of using the fleuro tape tied through the loop I dipped them in signal red hammerite, well the top six inches.

Popped one out in the field and walked back twenty yards, they show up lovely because you're looking for them, but wouldn't if you weren't. Very happy with this as I don't like advertising where my traps are.

Would pop up a piccy, but can't because of the bloody automatic upgrade on the phone has stopped me being able too.

• Like 1