Sandwell Field Sports

I spoke to Tony Wall today on the phone about my old TX200 and about a couple of other things in general.

I am not a customer of his, have never met him, and have never even passed his shop let alone been in it.

However, what a gentleman he is. He came over as a genuinely nice man and very polite and helpful. He even offered to help me via the phone to talk me through a few bits and pieces servicing wise.

I will in the future be a customer of his as I plan to visit the shop and get a new rifle etc.

It is nice to encounter people like Tony in this day and age where most of the time people just want to get rid of you as quickly as they can especially if you are not an existing customer.

Sandwell Field Sports 100% First Class

Edited by Books
  • Like 4

I spoke to Tony Wall today on the phone about my old TX200 and about a couple of other things in general.

I am not a customer of his, have never met him, and have never even passed his shop let alone been in it.

However, what a gentleman he is. He came over as a genuinely nice man and very polite and helpful. He even offered to help me via the phone to talk me through a few bits and pieces servicing wise.

I will in the future be a customer of his as I plan to visit the shop and get a new rifle etc.

It is nice to encounter people like Tony in this day and age where most of the time people just want to get rid of you as quickly as they can especially if you are not an existing customer.

Sandwell Field Sports 100% First Class

Are you still here ? :laugh::laugh::thumbs:

I know Tony well enough for us both to recognise each other when I walk in. I've have 2 PCPs from tony. Great bloke, great shop, and 2 weeks ago got my new S410 Classic thumbhole from him. The first one sent by AA, he sent back as there was a dent on it and it was slightly over-powered. Point being, if its not right, he wont sell it (and of course, he cant sell an over-powered gun).

I know Tony is one of the best springer tuners out there, some say, an SFS tune up is as good as a venom (back in the day) - praise indeed.

What I like is that even if you dont agree with Tony, he will give you his advice freely and its up to you. He wont push his view onto you. He respects what you want. I like that.

I will continue to get all my supplies from him

Edited by Dr B
  • Like 1

good feed back books ,. I never heard a bad word said about them apart from a few on another forum ,which I would take with a pinch of salt :thumbs:

ask tony for his side of the story on some of those.......its quite the eye opener.... :thumbs:

been a while since ive been on here, but id like to add that ive just recieved an imp from tony and its an awesome little springer, probably the finest and smoothest action ive ever had the pleasure to own and hunt with. and as said above, tony is an absolute gent to deal with.

theres a sandwell field sports discussion page on facebook too if anybodys interested, the links below...

https://www.(!64.56:886/groups/813620358694089/

cheers, wurz

• Like 2

to me they are my local gun shop so i use them when ever i can, i buy all pellets and cartridges from them, as for there work, i am planning to move house soon so i shall book the shotties in there for a service and a 97 for a tune set up whilst i am waiting for the FAO to check the new cabinate position in the new house

i have only ever found them to helpfull and friendly to me and others and its the only shop i have every been to where tea time for staff also means tea time for customers too:)

I have seen him on utube and like what I see.

I am from Redcar in Cleveland so it's a long way from his shop but am thinking of a run down with some mates to share fuel. If we all buy something the trip should be worth it.

• Like 1

I have had half a dozen guns from Tony at SFS since about 2007….. prior to that I used various gunshops, none of whom gave me the feeling of being welcomed that happens every time you enter Tipton's finest emporium. I'm always asked if I want a cuppa. I'm always asked about my job and how it's going. Everyone who works there is pure solid great Black Country. No pretences, I now spend 95% of my time 200 miles away from there, but if I need anything air gun related I find an excuse to pass that way. Spot on.

• Like 1