Are Terriers Bought For Looks Or Working Ability

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If i had the opportunity to get my hands on a genuine bred grafter,id not turn up with looks in mind and would carefully transport home a Medusa.

Three posts started by antis IMHO (Do foxes dig there own earths)(how too fill in fox earths)(and this one)Of course It's working ability 100% if the dog aesthetically pleasing then that's a bonus. Yo

That goes without saying surely.

Posted Images

Id say to many terriers are bred now because of the name behind it looking for a dollar or a ribbon,thank feck many more are bred because of their "genuine" working heritage,looks mean nowt,yet are easier to live with,at times.

Edited by morton

I often wondered if the big names would be ever heard of if they had good working terriers but ugly I some how dont think so money will buy lookers before workers I find it sad that people remember shows over good digs or even just keep terriers for shows. but im not taking anything away from those whos dog is good at both atb

I often wondered if the big names would be ever heard of if they had good working terriers but ugly I some how dont think so money will buy lookers before workers I find it sad that people remember shows over good digs or even just keep terriers for shows. but im not taking anything away from those whos dog is good at both atb

Why is it the majority of the names left their working roots to explore the dollar?.

If you went to buy a pup in and there was a cracking pup and an under shot turned out footed one witch would you buy

If i had the opportunity to get my hands on a genuine bred grafter,id not turn up with looks in mind and would carefully transport home a Medusa.

• Like 3

I am not into earthwork, but going around the game shows, I am always amazed at the size of many of the terriers nowadays and these are at the supposed working dog shows. Genuine question but many of these terriers surely are not spanable, is this an old fashioned idea (span) as the few people i have seen who i know work there terriers to ground still have smaller types and the terriers i grew up with which worked to ground were also small dogs. I know that show dogs have a tendency to get bigger and bigger traditionally as can be seen with many breeds, so is this the case with terriers i see or am i missing something atb

• Like 1