Ha Ha. I don’t know how you know I’m from Sussex, but, No Mate. Idiots make comments like:

“Cant trap due to 2 cats living here fed by the farmer (not feral) so traps are a no no.”

Not only implying you catch cats in rat traps, but also implying that it would be ok if they were feral cats!!!

Jesus Christ Man! If a do-gooding anti was reading this forum they would have a big wank after seeing that! :icon_eek:

• Like 1

Timely comment by Matt!

Today amongst my scheduled mole jobs I had a small garden job near newquay, when I got there, numerous obvious signs someone had already been "having a go" with a swing shovel by the look of it! Anyway chatting to the customer I casually ask, freind had a go at these? Without batting an eyelid he says no I've been trying to catch this bugger for weeks, but decided I needed to get an expert in, I do all the garden mole jobs round the local villages for beer money, don't usually get this problem.

So, not only do we have a messer, we now have a messer that knows the real going rate.

• Like 5

So Matt why you scared to post your answer? With an estimated 62 million moles in UK (read in a paper last year, i think) think there is enough for all

Cant keep them all to yourself, thats a bit greedy

I don't want them all :no: I just want my share without every fly by night chancer thinking that it's easy money if they undercut me by a couple of quid a mole and take out the easy work just leaving me the crap jobs :yes:

I'm happy to keep the 'dark art' to myself until I hit the bottom of a deep hole :yes: in the meantime, those that can, do, whilst those that think they can train others to do a mans job....... :thumbs:

Muddy,

You really don`t warrant a reply...................... you missed the point, its the farmer who has asked me not to use traps, its his land, he makes the decisions, he pays me, maybe I should have worded it better.

Maybe its true, I`m an idiot, after all I am trying to justify myself to a complete prat, who needs to use rather naff words to get his point across

You lads take that little spat to PM please :thumbs: or just drop it :yes: Your choice :yes:

This is a nice place to be at present, and I really can't be assed to put the big mod hat on and start spanking folks :thumbs: (unless it's D'arcy of course, in which case, where'd you like it sir?)

Oh sorry, you probably don`t understand such a big word - prat, after all it does have 4 letters

Just in case you missed it:

You lads take that little spat to PM please :thumbs: or just drop it :yes: Your choice :yes:

This is a nice place to be at present, and I really can't be assed to put the big mod hat on and start spanking folks :thumbs: (unless it's D'arcy of course, in which case, where'd you like it sir?)

I neither know nor care what's afoot (as it were), but take it to PM or drop it.

OK?

:thumbs:

Folk on here seem to rave about the talpex, I dont seem to catch much with them. I just use the duffus and experimenting with a few putange

Have tried placing soil around the trap, have covered over so that no soil is in the trap. There are times that the trap just does not fit snugly and wobbles about

Is there a proper sure fire way of setting the traps? or at least what is your prefered method for big catches

http://youtu.be/NK8gjuxkq_4

excuse the stammer...

• Like 1

:hmm:Personaly, I love being in the company of hunting men,.be they trappers, snarers,.roustabout rabbiters, whatever. I just love everything about the game,....it excites me now as it did 50 years ago...

However,..I have never made a secret of the fact that, as a full time rural pester, I am not keen on educating potential customers or, new lads coming into the business..

This is not being elitist, paranoid or greedy,..just realistic.. :yes:

Facts are,..for a pro trapper,...there are only so many pound notes to go around..... :thumbs:

All the best,..and good trapping to you all...regards,..Phil.

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 3

I sent this personal message to a certain member of this form some time ago:

"Fella, you are asking a lot of questions that make you look like you are very new to this and don't really know what you are doing. I suggest that you invest in a couple of training courses rather than post like that on an open forum. If you are having specific problems feel free to message me privately and I will offer what limited wisdom I have."

I didn't get a response.