Legal Implications Of Cats In My Garden

Brother had complaints about his cat from a neighbour several doors away eating their cats food arspca were called and had s word saying the cat was being a nuisance brother told them where to go couple days later it went missing ! coincidence? still pissed off about it lol

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MATT YOUR WRONG CATS ONLY HAVE RIGHTS WHILST ON THERE PROPERTY THE MINUTE THEY LEAVE THERE PROPERTY THEY ARE CLASSED AS FERAL [uNDER NO ONES CONTROL ] GOOGLE IT AND YOU CAN NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR

MATT WHILST I AGREE CATS ARE CLASSED AS PROPERTY UNDER ENGLISH LAW , THEY HAVE NO RIGHT S ONCE THEY LEAVE THERE DOMAIN [OWNERS PROPERTY]BUT ANY NUISENSE OR DAMAGE THEY DO THE ONER CAN BE HELD RESPOSIB

WHAT A LOAD OF TOSH CATS ONLY HAVE RIGHTS IF THERE ON THERE OWN PROPERTY IF A CAT ROAM OFF DOWN THE ROAD OR ONTO YOUR PROPERTY IT HAS NO RIGHT THIS DOESNT MEAN YOU CAN INTENTIONALY HARM THE CAT BUT I

Lol, oh if i got a quid for all the accidents that have happened with neighbours cats coming into the garden of my home house growing up....The neighbour has since given up getting them!!! I remember my sisters now husband was only just starting to go out with her and it was his first time calling to the house, she brought him in through the back yard as thats the way we all go in and out. Basically we had a trap cage to catch "unwanted predators" set up in the yard and this evening the sisters boyfriend happend to be coming over a "stray cat" had somhow managed to get himself in the unfortunate circumstances of being stuck inside the cage....... We still laugh at it to this day and he said he should of taken note of the early warnings of what he was getting himself into and should have ran a mile that day!!!! :) i was only a young lad at the time and out playing hurling in the yard as young lads do.....well just as he walked accross the yard didn't a young terrier we had at the time strangly manage to get out of his pen and just as strangely manage to pull the poor cat out of the cage.... Houdiny we called him after :)....so im jumping around the yard, snotty nose, swinging a hurley and the tarrier tearing strips off the cat around the yard and the ould lad shoutin out the back door "hurry up"!!!! You can imagine the sisters reaction and your man standing mouth open!!!! He often slags and comments that it was one of the only times he saw me playing hurling!!!!! I have him converted now and 20 years on he still comes and does a bit with us!!

On a serious note i know if it was a dog seen to be worrying livestock or fowl in this case on the fowl owners property its perfectly legal to shoot it...... Why do the rules differ for a roaming cat??