Combro Chrono Any Good?

• 5 months later...

can you guys tell me if these work with a pcp ? i have a fx 2000 and i think it is over the 12ft/lb limit ..I have heard if i take it the gun shop to get it checked they will confiscate it if it's over ..thanks in advance of any replies

can you guys tell me if these work with a pcp ? i have a fx 2000 and i think it is over the 12ft/lb limit ..I have heard if i take it the gun shop to get it checked they will confiscate it if it's over ..thanks in advance of any replies

Hello there

Did you get it from a shop as they

check and log the readings. They will take it down for you but ring them first to say your rifle seems a bit lively and could the check and take it down. Then when you go in you have already broken the ice.

I don't no about pcp's but in a newish springer it can just be some grease that has pushed forward into the transfer port which can be washed out with a spray can at the shop.

• Like 1

Yes mate they are very good ,worth buying the aliment tool to make sure you line it , all so one of these to hold it on the barrel , even on spring guns it will not move

&ff14=108&ff19=0'>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/181651559672?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

Yes

I got one, thanks again villaman and they work well.

The battery code says AG13 and it's a 1.5v cell it also says that it replaces an LR44 if that helps.

Thanks villaman and vwman very helpful , think i may get one of these chrono's and check myself . i have been fiddling with it so i have put it over , I did get it from a shop but don't want to risk them taking it off me ...Thanks a lot guys ..

Hello there

check and log the readings. They will take it down for you but ring them first to say your rifle seems a bit lively and could the check and take it down. Then when you go in you have already broken the ice.

I don't no about pcp's but in a newish springer it can just be some grease that has pushed forward into the transfer port which can be washed out with a spray can at the shop.

Not all shops pal, not all shops!

• Like 1

Hello there

Not all shops pal, not all shops!

rather not take the risk heard my local gun shop can be a bit awkward , my mate has a FAC thinking he could take it in or would they register the serial number to him and if i got caught he could get into trouble ?

The Combro can be a bit iffy with Co2 as it reads the cloud of liquid gas and gives some bizzarre readings!! It can also be awkward to align with tapered barrels!!

I've had a Chrony F1 and accidentally shot and killed it, I then did the same with the Combro as I used a cleaning rod to align but then forgot to tighten the clamp!! I sent most of it down the garden but Robin repaired it good as new for £7.50 ;)

I also bought an old CARD Pellet Spy but daren't try it with my track record!! :blink:

Cardc9.jpg

Cardc1.jpg

John :bye: