Help!how Do I Remove Ask!

Ask,seems to have made its self my home page search engine thingy ,i used to have google chrome,came home today,and ASK came up instead,tried looking online and only help i got did a scan then wanted to charge me to remove the 1258 threats on my pc ?Any help most appreciated,getting quite frustrated now!

click on start, then control pannel then internet options you get a box like this

Snapshot2_zpsyi6xrlip.png

home page needs to say the same as mine.

you can copy it or go and ask and search for google, cut and paste the http in to home page box..

you have probably instaled some junk today and it changed home page

good luck

might be a good idea to remove any other adresses in there or it could go back to ASK.

also go in change search defaults select google if it does and you about google being the main search engine

Edited by smithie

Ask,seems to have made its self my home page search engine thingy ,i used to have google chrome,came home today,and ASK came up instead,tried looking online and only help i got did a scan then wanted to charge me to remove the 1258 threats on my pc ?Any help most appreciated,getting quite frustrated now!

I bet Adobe updated today they have two opt out boxes that you have tick for them not to install ask tool bar.

TC

I bet Adobe updated today they have two opt out boxes that you have tick for them not to install ask tool bar.

TC

b*****ds!!! Im sure its got something to do with mussies!

went in to the chrome settings removed everthing but google ,and still "my start" popped up!!! Cant see it in the list of programs on add & remove,wheres it hiding?

Browser? Have a look at the addons on your browser. Failing that delete chrome and reinstall?

TC

Edited by tiercel

On the top r/hand side you will see a little grid click on that, then click on settings, a new page opens up click on extensions it should be there, just as a guess.

Just seen the post above your in good hands now. Someone who actually knows what he is talking about.

TC

Edited by tiercel

What Flipper_Al has said is the way to go.

Think your browser has maybe been hijacked like mine was. You can fcuk about for ages trying to delete the thing without ever killing it all..., and you'll end up doing what the guy has suggested in the end.