Imbra.....

[quote name="perthshire keeper" post="385096

Mixi finished rabbit trapping in the 50s, it will never come back, the world has moved on and the 22 rifle has now replaced the trap and trapping is now just a hobby for the few people who do it , the imbra will never make a comeback because other than a very small select few there is no market for them in the numbers that would make it viable .

• Like 1

Imbras are superb traps for rabbits,..real efficient in sandy warrens and deadly in a block trapping situation.

They are also extremely well constructed,..this would be a determining factor where Far Eastern production is concerned.

I feel that it would be far too expensive to produce them nowadays...

This is a shame... :yes:

When I get a spare minute I am going to look into the financial side to producing some Imbra's. Just as I think it would be a good thing to do. I reckon people would still buy them....

please do! if some one will pay 50 notes for a kiana then to me they will pay for a new shiny imbra recon you could get the cost to about 12-15 quid?

It wouldn't be worth producing Imbras as there just isn't the interest anymore,....

The production side is straight forward enough as I already manufacture a small range of spare parts and found the design straight forward enough.....

If you were to make them and you managed to do it at a reasonable cost there's still the patent and approval to consider......

• Like 1

It wouldn't be worth producing Imbras as there just isn't the interest anymore,....

The production side is straight forward enough as I already manufacture a small range of spare parts and found the design straight forward enough.....

If you were to make them and you managed to do it at a reasonable cost there's still the patent and approval to consider......

Would not the patent expired by now? A patent is not for an indefinite time it has a time limit 20 yeas I believe.

TC

• Like 1