What version are people using and which is the best?

I've just installed Lightroom 5.7 (full version) and haven't a clue what I'm doing with it. I'm not even sure if it's any use to me?

Cheers.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheats, the lot of you.......

Good old Polaroid Pic- 300 and a couple of David Bailey Top Trumps...............

best of luck moxy

Posted Images

Use CS5 but don't know why as I only adjust levels, a bit of brightness and contrast and sharpening

Just switched from elelments 7..

But hey ho, Im old fashioned and dont like change or trying new things that others get enthusiastic about

I only shoot in jpeg too..

Edited by Omanyra
  • Like 1

I got lightroom 5.7.1

And photoshop cs6 Crap on both prefer lightroom tho have you just bought it?

I'm ok on basics on lightroom but watching loads of YouTube video still finding it confusing but I get confused crossing roads

Is it look left or right 1st?

Used ps7 for years and now got cs2. The later versions will do more but I have always found I can get by.

The secret to ps is layers, layers, layers. If in doubt duplicate a layer and turn it off, any adjustments will not affect that layer then and you can just go back to it.

Drag the layer you want to duplicate down to the second icon from the right in the layers palette then turn the little eyeball off.

:laugh: :laugh:

I've just got it Matt :thumbs: I suppose it seems ok for the little time I have tinkered with it.

Problem being it's quiet a stupid question I've asked. As I don't know what I want from the program , there's no way of knowing if it's the one for me..!!??

Compared to other photoshop versions, is it more dumb arse friendly? If not I can quiet easily get another version

Archie. What are you using :laugh:

Used ps7 for years and now got cs2. The later versions will do more but I have always found I can get by.

The secret to ps is layers, layers, layers. If in doubt duplicate a layer and turn it off, any adjustments will not affect that layer then and you can just go back to it.

Drag the layer you want to duplicate down to the second icon from the right in the layers palette then turn the little eyeball off.

Fooking lost me already. But I'm sure that makes sense to someone :thumbs:

If you want to know open ps and a new file

If you want to know open ps and a new file

Kids have got the laptop at the moment but I will give it a try.

:laugh: :laugh:

I've just got it Matt :thumbs: I suppose it seems ok for the little time I have tinkered with it.

Problem being it's quiet a stupid question I've asked. As I don't know what I want from the program , there's no way of knowing if it's the one for me..!!??

Compared to other photoshop versions, is it more dumb arse friendly? If not I can quiet easily get another version

Archie. What are you using :laugh:

Good old Polaroid Pic- 300 and a couple of David Bailey Top Trumps...............:laugh:

post-31547-0-92221100-1421440346_thumb.jpg

• Like 2