BMW 318,what you lot reckon.

People do any of you have experience with the BMW 318 tourer(estate).i test drove it yesterday,found it a joy.it has all its service history and is spotless,timing belt done,its 10 years old but has just eighty three thousand miles up on it.your opinions on the make performance,maintainance of it would be much appreciated.i dont know much about cars but im going to get it checked out thouroughly before i buy,but thought you guys and gals could give me a few pointers to look out for.

Edited by jigsaw

Cant go wrong with a bmw mate even an old one....that car should be good for 200 plus so i wouldnt worry about mileage.....had one of them tourers back years ago,travelled europe over a 3 month period and never missed a beat,even performance and fuel economy was good.

Dont see many of them about these days,good luck if you get it.

People do any of you have experience with the BMW 318 tourer(estate).i test drove it yesterday,found it a joy.it has all its service history and is spotless,timing belt done,its 10 years old but has just eighty three thousand miles up on it.your opinions on the make performance,maintainance of it would be much appreciated.i dont know much about cars but im going to get it checked out thouroughly before i buy,but thought you guys and gals could give me a few pointers to look out for.

i had an F reg e30 318 it was the best drive if ever had , started first time every time would love to have another but just not practical for me , cant say that it had any faults i now on the older bmw s check the bulkhead cause the rot :thumbs:

rear susp turrets, valve guide seals i.e. if it smokes too much when changing down under load ...... get somebody to

drive behind you to check this. apart from that good car. 2.0i has more girth but poorer economy esp if over 4 cyl model

new2hunting,im paying 7k,for it,its absolutely pristine in condition.i think its a good buy just looking to see if anyone can mention stuff i have missed out on or am unfamiliar with.thanks for the replys.

I'm on my fourth BMW, I've had 2 318i saloons, changed to a 5 series when we had 3 kids, and changed it again for a tourer when I got lurchers, I'm currently driving a 523i and I love it.

I'm not sure about the price though, I paid 7K for mine when it was six yrs old, full leather interior, air con, the works really, BUT it has a high mileage- so that may be why?

I loved the 318- engine just right to give you some power when needed, but not guzzling too much gas. :)