matt1979

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f**k'em   He keeps the man, who keeps the dog, happy

Thats why i prefer the Beddy types,up on the leg and endless stamina,back to the original post,one of my biggest gripes is people with big bushing dogs that they believe will get through the tightest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0QR_kX7UEs   nothing leggy gonna be steaming through bramble/thorn cover this tight,plenty busher types that we can all use to get the most out the type land we hunt

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Re collars: Why take the risk when you don't need to though with bushers. Risk is minimal agreed but still a risk, maybe I am old fashioned but if I took a dog out working with my uncles or old man as I do regular and they had a collar left on I would be told in no uncertain terms to take it off. They know alot more than me so I don't question it, never seen a dog hurt with a collar on, but they have, same with runners for me ( no collar) atb

Doesn't seem like a sensible idea to leave a collar around the neck of a dog that's flying through brambles bushes and fences at 100mph.

Bushing terriers have an habit of entering,its impossible to know every hole on all the land we hunt,thus a collar should be seen as "good practice",the collar as been the salvation of many of our prized assets,ive yet to find it detrimental to a dogs safety ratching about on top.

Edited by morton
  • Like 1

Cracking dog that Bryan and in great condition. On the collar comments, the risk is generally from the D ring/ O ring, never seen any working gundogs with collars on or running dogs maybe i havent seen enough but seen a few. Its not necessarily about snaging on something, if the dog has a head of steam and the D ring catches the dog can be in serious trouble with balance etc, catch at funny angle = good night broken neck. For those that think this cant happen, it has, i didnt witness it, but i have family members that did. Result was a dead dog, not one of ours thankfully although thats no consolation, this was a runner but the risk are still there for all dogs. At the end of the day, it is each to there own and working dogs is all about taking calculated risks i suppose, but for me this one isnt worth it atb