Working Salukis

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they have pace see no reason for a saluki to fair well .against majority of lurchers on here ,mate just getting them [bANNED TEXT] places to bringing them on and doing them justice there just a dog a running dog

ive had dogs near pure saluki they adjusted to bolting rabbs caught lots of hare deer when it was legal never ran out and gave me no feet trouble and were hardy maybe didnt have greyhound whippet pace but done well in tha allround stakes

Edited by fluff
  • Like 1

ye just a bit more clever than the average bear lol most dont see the big picture with dogs and salukis etc , ye ive done more than my fair share , salukie were bred for open land but willa djust if you enter them correctly and get the right lines that want to kill game not just course it ,saw them spent maybe 10 days coursing with pure salukis maybe twenty dogs , so you get a good honest look at whats what with the salukis in general

hope my freind got his pup from you alright

ye just a bit more clever than the average bear lol most dont see the big picture with dogs and salukis etc , ye ive done more than my fair share , salukie were bred for open land but willa djust if you enter them correctly and get the right lines that want to kill game not just course it ,saw them spent maybe 10 days coursing with pure salukis maybe twenty dogs , so you get a good honest look at whats what with the salukis in general

hope my freind got his pup from you alright

Which friend was that? Pm if you prefer fluff

some say salukis are thick and brain dead but it takes a inteligent owner to get it right what you put into a dog is what you will get back suppose its to everyones own preference on what dogs they like and run patience is the way for me with this breed

• Like 4

some say salukis are thick and brain dead but it takes a inteligent owner to get it right what you put into a dog is what you will get back suppose its to everyones own preference on what dogs they like and run patience is the way for me with this breed

very true mate .in lots of cases the saluki is more intelligent then the owner . :thumbs:

• Like 5

There's saluki and there's saluki's, they marmite dogs? Maybe it's limitations are the owners they have been exposed too as much as the breed itself, there's purpose bred hare dogs easy enough to get hold of enter and they bred to kill uk Browns so why people buy pure expect him to do same? He bred for different place n quarry but some will cope in fact they been ran here for years doing it maybe not every hare but ran fair n tested properly too rules no snide kick ups or plough bashing, depends on your aims don't it?

Hare killing or hare coursing? Some want dead hares everytime dogs slipped, some want good chases n reasonable amount of kills

The ones that dismiss the whole breed after owning one could it not be there limitations that led too failure or maybe it's the ones that breed from untested stock or stock that simply far too young maybe it's easier to blame the breed than themselves

First thing I tell most people who ask me for one is go buy saluki lurcher nine times out of ten I'm right

Not saying one type better than other cos i don't think they can be compared fairly across board one purpose bred for um job one bred for other end of world appreciate them for what they are

The best just a matter for the individual and lasts as long as next hare next match or comp

best whippet on hare just that same with saluki, greyhound or coursing bred they different don't compare just enjoy what suits, we run out saluki against lurchers and results so far not been best to be fair but we deffo get youse one day lol

thats a honest view artic only ever seen one pure run seen him a few times but he was a very capable dog day or night and also took foxes well s/h but my question is i hear alot of khan jihad was he a import and how instrumental was he in todays lines or is it just a name to put to a line

yes ya not wrong mate i have had a good few of them over the years took a while to adapt to there way of thinking in training them but found slow and steady gets the job done i live lincs so only dog for me on these parts nothing else can cope with the land to be honest

Edited by moseley

There's saluki and there's saluki's, they marmite dogs? Maybe it's limitations are the owners they have been exposed too as much as the breed itself, there's purpose bred hare dogs easy enough to get hold of enter and they bred to kill uk Browns so why people buy pure expect him to do same? He bred for different place n quarry but some will cope in fact they been ran here for years doing it maybe not every hare but ran fair n tested properly too rules no snide kick ups or plough bashing, depends on your aims don't it?

Hare killing or hare coursing? Some want dead hares everytime dogs slipped, some want good chases n reasonable amount of kills

The ones that dismiss the whole breed after owning one could it not be there limitations that led too failure or maybe it's the ones that breed from untested stock or stock that simply far too young maybe it's easier to blame the breed than themselves

First thing I tell most people who ask me for one is go buy saluki lurcher nine times out of ten I'm right

Not saying one type better than other cos i don't think they can be compared fairly across board one purpose bred for um job one bred for other end of world appreciate them for what they are

The best just a matter for the individual and lasts as long as next hare next match or comp

best whippet on hare just that same with saluki, greyhound or coursing bred they different don't compare just enjoy what suits, we run out saluki against lurchers and results so far not been best to be fair but we deffo get youse one day lol

thats a honest view artic only ever seen one pure run seen him a few times but he was a very capable dog day or night and also took foxes well s/h but my question is i hear alot of khan jihad was he a import and how instrumental was he in todays lines or is it just a name to put to a line

ive had pup out of khan and pup was very good dog suppose it depends on what bitch is used to be honest because two wrongs dont make a right and vice versa

Khan just a dog that carried a line forward his owner stated many times he was nothing special been too a lot of pures n lurchers but it's not about quantity it's about quality but that's a question for those that keep stock off him I just used a bitch of his breeding, seen a few of them types not my sort of if own them but think they have breeding value but instead of using them simply cos they bred x y z we should use ones that bred x y z and also seen graft and been pushed largely comes down to owners

• Like 3