Electric Dog Training Collars.

can anyone suggest a reasonablly priced electric dog training collar that has a good range and a vibrate facility on it.

having checked on ebay etc there are so many models with a huge difference in cost.

this collar is not for me and i don,t want this question to turn into a debate on whether these collars are good/bad /humane or effective.

my mates terrier has had some bad issues and he borrowed a collar for a few days and says it works a treat [ vibrate only seemed to work after a couple of tries]but the model he borrowed is quite expensive.

he not on this forum so i offered to get a quick answer from folks in the know

thank you in advance.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try it round your neck ,if its not too bad then carry on but if you wince then maybe think about the issues and not any torture methods .For a mate my arse .These collars are for lazy twats not fit to

Foxdropper the dog was out with sheep since it was jabbed..   It had a perfect recall and would not have been to shabby at field trials..   At 2 and half it just went rogue for them.   It jus

lol to use your argument , so the next time you drop your dog in and break through, stick your face in let whatever's in there grab your face then if it's not to bad carry on lol. Theres always a rig

Try it round your neck ,if its not too bad then carry on but if you wince then maybe think about the issues and not any torture methods .For a mate my arse .These collars are for lazy twats not fit to own a gerbil .Go on mate try one.

• Like 5

Sportdog are a good make mate ..

Collars have noise and vibrate settings..

Torture method - bit dramatic Fox dropper ..

These collars can be a useful training aid - there not designed and promoted to physically and psychologically injure dogs..

I'd advice not to buy cheap ebay one..

I did and was total waste of money.. Ineffective if your on moorland woodland they wont have the range.

Not waterproof and rechargeable.

Some companies to buy and sell back - also sell ex demonstrators/returned models .

I have had a Sportdog for about 5 years.

Edited by Giro

Each to their own mate .Never met a man yet that uses an electric collar on a dog that wasn't a useless trainer .Bred right ,brought up right every dogs trainable .Put that collar on yourself before your dog and see how soft it is ,makes me savage .

• Like 1

Try it round your neck ,if its not too bad then carry on but if you wince then maybe think about the issues and not any torture methods .For a mate my arse .These collars are for lazy twats not fit to own a gerbil .Go on mate try one.

What a load of bollicks, you been on the booze FD you usually make a lot of sense. Lol

• Like 1

What a load of bollicks, you been on the booze FD you usually make a lot of sense. Lol

In the vast majority of circumstances the use of shock treatment on a dog is undertaken by lazy nuggets who don,t have a fecking clue,its the easy,lazy and ignorant solution to their own shortcomings,fact.At times these collars,in the right hands,save a dog that otherwise would become a cull,again fact.Striking the balance betwixt nuggets and lads with honest intent is a quandary best left to a little shock treatment?.

• Like 2

I agree like anything they can be abused.

But with a bit of knowledge they can be a valuable piece of kit.

I have used them for all sorts and wouldn't be without mine it has saved me hours upon hours of time you can call me lazy if you like but my time is extremely valuable to me with working full time and having a young family and what would take weeks in the field can be achieved a lot quicker.

I'll give you an example of how they are supposed to be used the idea isn't to zap the brains out of your dog but to start on the lowest setting possible and work up untill you see a very ,very slight reaction in the dog this is the level it is to be used at.

I used my collar to great effect when retrieve training the young bitch I have here at the minute. Her retrieving was spot on with balls, dead game etc but when I started running her she would f**k about with her catch emptying the field in the process. First night with the collar and shes straight back with her catch everytime.

There's loads of videos on YouTube of how they can be used. Here's a handy one below:

Tom Dokken - Come/Here Command - www.sportdog.com:

Them dogs look like they're really stressed :)

• Like 1

Bet you dont havd the balls to try one on your neck though macho twats

Bet you dont havd the balls to try one on your neck though macho twats

I have tried in on my fore arm mate..

Honestly i have never routinely "zapped" my dogs when its in use..

I have used sound - for checking the dog.

I have gave a dog a good shock for chasing stock.. It was after months of trying long leads - giving the dog doing.

This dog was going to get PTS as i could not risk running it where i hunt.

I only use the collar for training cause i have it, prior to the sheep incident i never had any call for one..

I want my dogs to be obedient and trusting - last thing i want is for them to be scared of me or on edge..

I am not lazy and have taken a lot of time training my dogs - lazy folks would fire the dog on Gum tree as a world beater and buy another one in..