What Colour Greenie?

Must admit i still find it so difficult to tell the difference between these little birds if that picture had said what colour is this canary i wouldnt of batted an eyelid !......what is it body shape ? head shape or what ?

Must admit i still find it so difficult to tell the difference between these little birds if that picture had said what colour is this canary i wouldnt of batted an eyelid !......what is it body shape ? head shape or what ?

Yes to both mate,body,head and beak shape,a canary is a upright sort of bird in general with it's head held high and a more slender beak,the greenfinch sits as it has it's shoulders hunched and is generaly more squatt in shape and is heavy around the head (bit like an american bulldog is to a british bulldog prehapes) and has a heavier beak for breaking into the bigger seeds they live on.Look at your goldies up against your glosters and your'll see there more dainty and move in a different way,subtle but recognizable if you get my drift :blink: .But sitting and watching the birds is the only way of really finding out the differences a sort of time spent thing but well worth it thing i recon :laugh:

That looks very light to be a silver but i don't know to be honest but a nice looking bird all the same mate :thumbs: and you must think me a right so and so and i will measure them soon so help me god :icon_redface:

• Like 1

Put it to a silver and you will get a lot of silver coloured offspring, but you will loose type and size, the colour will also get poorer putting back to the normal will strengthen, help keep the size and give better colour

But if you want short term gains of lots of silver put a silver cock to it, another decent option is to put a normal cock split for silver

I've only ever kept lutino and cinnamon greenies and have never paired lutino to lutino or cinamon to cinamon

Edited by Omanyra
  • Like 1