Pardue To Palace

mclaren ffs what a bag of shite and keane as a manager well hes a runner always will be, when the going get tough hes off, what pulis did at palace was there for everyone to see, newcastle what the hell are you doing you had a manager that took all your shite and stayed and tried to work it out, had some bad run but also some very good runs, if you want to do a blackburn then fine bye.

Edited by bracken boy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes i stand corrected ....though if im not wrong that was when there was only 12 teams in the league......think Spurs were first since it was 20....or 22 as it was then........i remember an old Spurs

Max, you must be the strangest supporter in the world, happy with a defeat and consider a draw getting "battered" !   I think Carver being "happy" with a draw, is a bit different to considering it

mclaren ffs what a bag of shite and keane as a manager well hes a runner always will be, when the going get tough hes off, what pulis did at palace was there for everyone to see, newcastle what the hell are you doing you had a manager that took all your shite and stayed and tried to work it out, had some bad run but also some very good runs, if you want to do a blackburn then fine bye.

Newcastle haven't sacked Pardew, he is leaving for more money, more control, less pressure and less expectation. Makes sense to me. The next manager Newcastle get will have to put up with the same shit, no matter who it is. I would imagine managers have their own grapevine, so most will know the situation, and no top manager will put up with it, so it'll be someone like Bruce or McClaren.

• Like 1

Think Bruce would take the job but he knows it will all end in tears ??, no doubt who ever they get he will need all the luck in the world , cos the owner dosnt give a f**k , and the fans want the champions league so he's f****d before he started ?

brigzy i know what your saying but better to get rewards by sticking it out its feels better if u suceed but i dont blame him for going in the end.. newcastle you are turning into a big joke, ok a bigger joke.

Thing is, he was never going to succeed at Newcastle because it's not Ashley's game plan to invest and try for success, all he wants is to remain in the Premier and make a profit. I thought Pardew would stay as a yes man for Ashley, but has suprissed me by apparently putting personal pride and professional integrity before being a lackey and deflecting the shit that should realy be thrown at Ashley.

I disagree

He is a 100% er and expects the same

They getting paid enough

Wouldn't it be great of all clubs the world over stuck to some maximum basic wage of say 10k

Then the rest was performance related re x amount more for a win

X amount more per goal

X amount more for a clean sheet

Then more re miles covered

Passes completed

Tackles made

If you are on the sick bay you only get your basic

Late for training your docked money from your basic

Wed all see better games from more committed players

And no players faking injuries ect

They would all be trying running their socks off that's for sure.

This maximum wage Max should it apply to all sports or just football ?......Football is the most popular sport worldwide why shouldnt they earn as much as any other elite athletes with a unique ability ?.....Wayne Rooneys career earnings are less than Lewis Hamilton,Lennox Lewis,Federer etc......should motor racing/boxing/tennis wages be capped as well ?......Tiger Woods career earnings are more than double what all 4 of those have earned altogether should Golf wages be capped as well ?.....Sport is what we pay for as entertainment no different to Hollywood actors who again earn far more than footballers....its a shame the working class game of previous generations is gone but thats the nature of free market capitalism football is now a multi billion pound global industry and the stars of the show are the players i dont begrudge them a penny.

The main thing i think that leaves fans dissilusioned is watching our clubs stolen from under our noses,i dislike the idea of average foreign footballers with no connection to the area earning a great living that i help pay for rather than a local kid who i would be happy to help provide a better standard of living for........we all want to see local lads do well but until a rule is brought in to force clubs to field say 6 home grown players we will continue to watch and support average foreign players we have no connection with whatsoever playing for clubs we can no longer relate to........what has Man City got to do with Manchester for example.

While we on with internationals I really take offence to Players getting paid for the honour of being capped by their Country.

They on Big enough Salarys nowdays they should not get a penny for the Honour.

England players earn nothing from International appearances,infact better than that......the 1000 or 1500 pound whatever it is appearance money go,s to charity and has done for a long while.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

It's simply the law of supply and demand; if fans are prepared to pay£50/60/70 for a ticket , or £60 a month for Sky Sports, then the players will be payed accordingly. It's pointless moaning about players wages, then paying £70 to watch the same players. !

• Like 1

Gnash difference being in boxing if they don't turn up they let them selfs down not a club and it's area and supporters

Lennox was top of his tree and commanded big bucks

Average type players command massive wages and if they don't turn up they still get paid

Week after week

Football is a far bigger sport worldwide than boxing so naturally theres going to be more money floating around at every level.......average wage of a second division player today( 4th tier of English football ) is 40k per year.......while thats not a fantastic wage its far more than players in the 4th tier of English cricket get !

Put it into perspective.....American Football and Baseball are American sports not global sports like football.....yet 5 out of the worlds 10 highest earning sportsman play American Football and Baseball.....now that is silly !!

As for not turning up for games,ive not heard of players doing that.

Edited by gnasher16

Newcastle have won f**k all and are a small club yet the toon fans I know (all of my mrs' family) think they are entitled to something greater than they are. Big fish in a little pond springs to mind.

I support a big club who've won plenty in the past...(pre war) lol but deserve f**k all as things stand. The toon are a mid table club at best and my team aren't even close to that as things stand!

Matt....villa fan!

Newcastle have won f**k all and are a small club yet the toon fans I know (all of my mrs' family) think they are entitled to something greater than they are. Big fish in a little pond springs to mind.

I support a big club who've won plenty in the past...(pre war) lol but deserve f**k all as things stand. The toon are a mid table club at best and my team aren't even close to that as things stand!

Matt....villa fan!

Matt, I'm sure the Villa fans, players, board, owner, all want success. The problem at Newcastle is the fans want success, but the owner doesn't want to take a gamble and invest in future success. He has said, quite openly, that his only priority is staying in the Premier, and the guaranteed rewards that brings. He does not think the gamble of spending heavily to try and get to the Champions League is sound financial strategy. He sees the Europa League as not cost effective, costing to much to be in it than what the returns are, he sees the domestic cups as a hindrance to the Premier. He is a business man way beyond being a football man. Surely it's not wrong of Newcastle supporters wanting an owner with ambition beyond profit ?

• Like 1

Brigzy the man you's slag as having no ambition stopped you's going to the wall

Remember that.

That's only your opinion, there is no proof of that. Newcastle were consistently in the top 25 clubs in the world, financially , before Ashley, and still are. Never was there any talk of administration before he bought Newcastle. Hall and Shephard were doing the same as him, lining their own pockets. It's been the same thing all along, I remember my fathers pals McKeag and that old pirate Lord Westwood doing the same. Ashley didn't save Newcastle from going to the wall, he just saw a cash cow, and bought it.

In fact, in 2007, when Ashley bought Necastle, they were ranked 13th richest club in Europe; hardly going to the wall, was it ?

Edited by Brigzy
  • Like 1