97 Chat

I have all so been contemplating about buying RM100 ,such a good looker (a bit like my self :laugh: ) but the price tag £600

(a bit like my self) I think you need to go to SPEC SAVERS :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by bigmac 97kt
  • Like 1

It's still the HW77 .22 for me as I'm a big lad and I like the full length and heft. But my HW97K .177 is a perfect second gun to it (just like yours in the top pics Mac!). Both are polished and tuned to perfection and are as accurate as it's possible to get. Really don't need any more than these two for the absolute pleasure they give on a good day out in the fields and woods. I wouldn't take a PCP over either of these spring rifles under any circumstances!

Because they'll do just the same job...

Well Rez, a genuine one hole, sub 5p group at 35 metres (not yards) from a '77 .22 underlever spring rifle, or a sub 5p group at 40 metres with a .177 HW97K is still a one hole group that will enable you to knock down a rabbit to some decent ranges. After my experience of £800 quid Daystate Regals needing power tuning-up, general fit-repairs and services out of the box, I'm remaining firmly in my cups as a devoted HW spring spring man. I never had any trouble with my HW springers.

So yes, they will; do exactly the same job. Just not so expensively! :thumbs:

Seriously Rez, you cannot go wrong with an HW77 .22. mate. They are so accurate you wonder sometimes what the hell you have in your hands, or why you have other guns!

Simon

Did you not have an HW spring powered that needed the attentions of Andy to work properly. I seem to recall you griping about it rather loudly!

I do like my 77 (with the 25m piston)...

well after getting messed around a tad a few months ago and taking a bit of advice off a few more qualified than I , I decided to keep the 97 and have given it a right leathering over the past month ... trying to force myself to use it properly and learn for that matter .

They truly are a thing of beauty and mine is devastatingly accurate out to 38-40 yds. .... its only me that needs to learn to shoot beyond that .... but it will come (said the bishop to a hooker).....

Really want the wooden (walnut) stock for mine though..... now realise they look so much better than the synthetic version I've got ..so if anyone has a 97KT walnut stock there is cash waiting and ill collect if not to far

• Like 3

I don't have a thumb hole, unless you ask my mrs ;) but just a word of warning and it may not apply to you.

I've personally found the thumb hole stock (some haven't, so no preaching, those of you) a bit problematic when it's comes to accuracy with my 97. The point being that the thumb hole stock encourages the shooter to hold the pistol grip a bit to tightly. Thus, the rifle won't be as accurate as it would be with the standard sporter stock, where the rifle can rest in the hand. That small change in hand position, with the thumb through the stock was just enough to hold tight. When I change to the sporter stock, mr teales in fact, my consistency improved massively. But again. If your used to shooting a thumb hole stock... It should be fine.

• Like 2

I don't have a thumb hole, unless you ask my mrs ;) but just a word of warning and it may not apply to you.

I've personally found the thumb hole stock (some haven't, so no preaching, those of you) a bit problematic when it's comes to accuracy with my 97. The point being that the thumb hole stock encourages the shooter to hold the pistol grip a bit to tightly. Thus, the rifle won't be as accurate as it would be with the standard sporter stock, where the rifle can rest in the hand. That small change in hand position, with the thumb through the stock was just enough to hold tight. When I change to the sporter stock, mr teales in fact, my consistency improved massively. But again. If your used to shooting a thumb hole stock... It should be fine.

Could not have put it better my self REZ, as you no

I HATE THEM ON ANY GUN

• Like 1

I have just finished a 25mm piston, .177 hw77, TBT tuning kit, polished internals, re-sized piston seal, de-burred, and I have worked on the trigger that is an aftermarket unit, I absolutely love it, the trigger is quite superb and breaks like glass, it is as good as any(and a lot better than some) fullbore and rimfire rifles I have owned/shot, and the accuracy has me scratching my head, it really does, I took it out on saturday for a couple of hours, head shot a squirrel at 35yards, and a bit later a side on shot on a woody at around 35-40 yards, and it crashed stone dead to the ground, the rifle seems to really like H&N ftt, I cant make up my mind on shortening the cocking lever,having it screw cut for a silencer, although it is pretty quiet for a springer anyway, so I might just leave it, one thing is for sure, for a walk round the woods, where shooting the .22rf is not possible IE shooting up into trees, and I dont want the boom of the twelve bore, I think it will be pretty hard to beat.

• Like 1

:lol: A new act is coming out later this year ,saying all air guns must be thumb hole stock , health and safety apparently :laugh::laugh::laugh::lol::lol: :lol:

Not a problem ill just go under ground and keep the sporter stocks :cray: :cray: :cray:

TWAT :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

But i still lovs ya

• Like 2

Having said all this about the thumbhole jobby, Im getting one with a thumbhole for the Pro Sport. It also has the thumb up position which will get more use. I did ask if they could do a version without a hole so to speak, but they wont. See how I get on. Should be ok.

Im also hoping the new stock will kill the hold sensitivity of the damn thing.

Having said all this about the thumbhole jobby, Im getting one with a thumbhole for the Pro Sport. It also has the thumb up position which will get more use. I did ask if they could do a version without a hole so to speak, but they wont. See how I get on. Should be ok.

Im also hoping the new stock will kill the hold sensitivity of the damn thing.

What hold sensitivity , i find them mint to shoot balance is perfect .trigger is perfect and they are nice to hold i find there is no sensitivity at all . :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

but in saying that mine are all tuned and polished as soon as i get them

• Like 1