A BIG THANK YOU

WELL LADS ,

AFTER MANY , MANY HOURS OF CRAIC ON THE PHONE ..... I FINALLY GOT MY ARSE INTO GEAR AND GOT UP TO SNAREMANS

TO SAY I ENJOYED THE DAY WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT , I WAS IN TRAPPING HEAVEN ....... THE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE SHOWS THROUGH AND IT WAS A PLEASURE TO SPEND TIME WITH A LIKE MINDED SOUL WHO REALLY DOES......... " WALK THE WALK " .

IT WAS FUNNY HOW WHEN WE GOT ROUND TO TALKING ABOUT BOTH OUR FIRST STEPS INTO HUNTING HOW MUCH THEY MIRRIORED ONE ANOTHERS ....... EVEN THOUGH MILES AND YEARS APART ,...

THE APPRENTICESHIPS WERE SERVED ON PIT HEAPS , RAILWAY BANKS ,...... THE WILD PLACES NEAR TOWNS WHERE THE LAND WAS AND IS UNCULTIVATED ........... NO DOUBT SOME YOUNG LAD IS WALKING THE SAME PATH SOMEWHERE NOW ,

IN THE DISTANCE , YOU CAN SEE THE BINGS / PIT HEAPS WHERE SNAREMAN STILL DOES TRAP AND SNARE AS HE HAS DONE FROM A YOUNG LAD ........... I THINK THIS SERVES AS A BOOST FOR ALL THE YOUNG LADS OUT THERE WHO ARE MAYBE FRUSTRATED AT THEIR LACK OF CATCH AND ACCESS TO MAGICAL / MYTHICAL HUNTING GROUNDS , AS WITH PRACTISE / SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE THE AMOUNT OF GAME THATS BEEN TAKEN FROM THIS AREA BY SNAREMAN IS UNREAL !

post-50-1193609570_thumb.jpg

AND FINALLY ANOTHER .......... WITH SNAREMANS PERMISSION .

A PHOTO OF OLD SNAREMAN ... ..IN " ONE " OF HIS SHEDS .........

I WAS INVITED IN ......... HOWEVER ........ THIS ALLADINS CAVE WAS THAT FULL OF EQUIPMENT THERE WAS NO ROOM FOR ME !!

post-50-1193610405_thumb.jpg

THANKS AGAIN SNAREMAN :notworthy: ............. HOPEFULLY ONE DAY YOU WILL HAVE THE RECOGNITION YOU DESERVE , FOR HELPING THE YOUNG LADS OF THESE ISLANDS , BECOME HUMANE EFFECTIVE TRAPPERS

ALL THE BEST OLD MATE

DUCKWING

Good post Duckwing, May sound a bit corny, but it would be a nice gesture if the likes of Glenn who give so much to help anyone and everyone could recieve some kind of recognition for their generosity, But the likes of him and a few others on here would not be comfortable with that as they are of the old school, proper gentlemen. :big_boss::toast:

He truly is the "daddy" of trapping/snaring.He taught me all i know about snaring as a youngster aswell and when the rabbit population was booming by me i took my fair share using the methods he taught me,unfortunately i haven't set a rabbit wire for years because there just aint the rabbits for it here now but i'll always know how to if they get there numbers up again.I stay not far from Glenn and don't visit nowhere near as often as i should,the mans got a heart of gold and will teach the genuine sort in life but can spot a bullshitter from miles away.RESPECT!

He truly is the "daddy" of trapping/snaring.He taught me all i know about snaring as a youngster aswell and when the rabbit population was booming by me i took my fair share using the methods he taught me,unfortunately i haven't set a rabbit wire for years because there just aint the rabbits for it here now but i'll always know how to if they get there numbers up again.I stay not far from Glenn and don't visit nowhere near as often as i should,the mans got a heart of gold and will teach the genuine sort in life but can spot a bullshitter from miles away.RESPECT!

Could not have put it better myself, cheers Glen.

a real character glen and a good mate :thumbs: remember these words ROB FROM YOUR LESSONS

"ARE YOUR FECKING EARS PAINTED ON BOY " :laugh::laugh: the genuine real deal and a nicer man you couldnt meet ,

DUCKWING he may have one or two snares and traps those sheds :whistling: ill try my best to get him to leave me them in his will before peg and gun gets them all :whistling: see you soon mate

• 2 weeks later...
a real character glen and a good mate :thumbs: remember these words ROB FROM YOUR LESSONS

"ARE YOUR FECKING EARS PAINTED ON BOY " :laugh::laugh: the genuine real deal and a nicer man you couldnt meet ,

DUCKWING he may have one or two snares and traps those sheds :whistling: ill try my best to get him to leave me them in his will before peg and gun gets them all :whistling: see you soon mate

i could not stop laughing when i read that quote also " ya thick geordie c@#t ya" ring in my ears on showing me setting wires , but glen only wants you to be able to snare to the best you can with respect for your quarry, i will echo everyones comments , woodga took me to meet him one day , he even showed me how to set wires in the garden to practice what he had told me , i know very little and have a lot to be thank ful for woodga and glen snare to the best of my ability :notworthy::notworthy: ,its not often people at the top of there sport are willing to pass on methods of there success snaring with these men is :yes: