The Goats Are Back

Good work Jig, Ive not been on the goats for a while.. lost my goat dog this year. But he was never a good throat dog, would always take the billy from the mob though. The bitch I had always attached herself to the throat of any wounded or shot game, even as a youngster at 7 month.

this young mutt is only 12 months old,hes been on 3 big animals of late and every one has been a neck/throat hold,he looks like a natural lol.I have to say,he surprises me with the enthusiasm he has for the job at such a young age.hows the population of your local goat herd now D&N?

• Like 1

this young mutt is only 12 months old,hes been on 3 big animals of late and every one has been a neck/throat hold,he looks like a natural lol.I have to say,he surprises me with the enthusiasm he has for the job at such a young age.hows the population of your local goat herd now D&N?

Across the whole range there are plenty, but locally some bigger culls going on with various agencies and landowners.I don't shoot many these days I think there gene pool is small enough. i can go out locally over one hill and see about 40.

Bayed up on goat crag... he knocked a few dogs off the cliff that day! We never shot him he was the best billy on our hill.

019-4.jpg

That's definitely Billy goat gruff.I've never seen a wild goat in UK. Impressive beast.

If you want to see some drop me a call and we can arrange a trip next winter.

hes a serious looking dude in fairness,ive had to jump off a ridge once or twice wnere billys are concerned,

its the same here,lots have been culled by the forestry dept.shame as there were plenty to go at and you'd never run out of them if managed proper.Now they have cut the numbers down to a minimum I dont think i'll be shooting them as often.I will leave their numbers build back up again,which could take a very long time

• Like 1

Bayed up on goat crag... he knocked a few dogs off the cliff that day! We never shot him he was the best billy on our hill.

019-4.jpg

There was a one similar in size that nearly had me off the crag during a day out with Collie/Grey!

lol they are bad tempered aren't they... one gave my yellow dog a black eye the size of an egg,and dragged him off the hill... some power!

There is a mob of those things kicking about the Slochd, I have seen a black one like that, tho less impressive......he is a monster....you will see them from the roads about now since the weather is starting to harden a bit....