Pat X Whippet

bird

Isn't there a dvd or something with someone ratting with pat x whippets....

yeh the above thread, where can I get it from , its called the rat man the one with the pat x whippets in it.? had look on amazon but not on there .

Bird i cant get a link up but go on ebay and type in phil bastey ratting there are 6 different dvds for sale £10.00 each £2.00 P&P :thumbs:

I had a pattx whippet Ray it was a cracking bushing dog would catch bolting rabbits and hunt like a hound,

not fast enough for rabbits in the open,

argumentative,and the most dominant bitch I've ever known.

She was great ferreting ,but to be honest I probably wouldn't have another as a lurcher would be faster,and a busher would be easier to follow

I very nearly went for one of these, but I had to be honest with myself and realise it was because I wanted to get a dog similar to my last. I went for a whippet and a terrier separately this itme.

I was beginning to think a spaniel whippet would be more useful with similar qualities, but it is only theory,

Edited by Tozer

I had a pattx whippet Ray it was a cracking bushing dog would catch bolting rabbits and hunt like a hound,

not fast enough for rabbits in the open,

argumentative,and the most dominant bitch I've ever known.

She was great ferreting ,but to be honest I probably wouldn't have another as a lurcher would be faster,and a busher would be easier to follow

yeh I know what you mean roy, regards rabbits a lurcher will catch them far more eaiser than this x would ever would true . But was thinking more when I come out of lurchers, a little dog like this great for ratting and just gen mooching about type dog, just make a nice little pet. had lurchers near 30 years now and ready for a change now, wont be for a while as Bryn 7 and Buck 2 year old , just few years down the line. a mate I walk with at my new place got border x pat , and had pure pats before , and my self like pats just thought bit of whippet to one of these make great bush+ ratting dog, ive sent for the dvd with patx whippets ratting, so can have good look at'em :thumbs: