Retirement Age?

Iv just started out lamping and the dog and me are loving it, but my lurcher is 7 years old, now im not saying shes too old but i was wondering how long id have left in her. Im aware this will differ from dog to dog but can anyone give me any info about this?

Paulus is dead right, its all about what you want it to do, no rules in this game. Nowt wrong with a dog age 7 starting either! The two biggest things you need to realise is that you need to keep any worker in tip top knick, especially as they get older and YOU need to be on top of your game to ensure your dog every success...!

Apart from that, dont be agest... years left in a 7 year old..!!!

ATB ;)

Cheers mate, Im out lamping a few nights a week, shes still keen and catching them no bother, but im just aware of her age and that shes not been working for the past few years, although i have exercised her well over the years and im looking for a new dog now im back into it, so she may have a mate soon :)

Thing is, now you've started her and she's loving it, it would be almost cruel to stop her (and i know that from experience sadly!!!). Hold off a new one, forget about her age and have a fecking good time over the next few years!

I think youve got a good point Bosun, she is enjoying it now and putting time in with her individually i think will do her good, and at the moment im just itchin to get out all the time and im looking at dogs and vidoes and all kinds, so i think me just chilling out and enjoying my dog is the right way to go for now....But it wont stop me looking haha