Plucking Springet Help Needed

fay

Ive posted befor rrgarding my ess on retrieving still she will drop the retrieve bout 5 ft away an wont bring it in n she is eating birds and plucking them any help on this please befor its to late shes now 10 months old

Ive posted befor rrgarding my ess on retrieving still she will drop the retrieve bout 5 ft away an wont bring it in n she is eating birds and plucking them any help on this please befor its to late shes now 10 months old

What's your relationship with the pup like ??

From 3 or 5 foot is the safe distance in the dogs mind from its owner , it may never be able to breach that space

So do u reckin she will ever bring anyting back sometimes she wnt even pick up she will run out sniff it run back or she will pull it for a min then leave it have u ever came across this its my first ess i ever trained everything else is spot on

So do u reckin she will ever bring anyting back sometimes she wnt even pick up she will run out sniff it run back or she will pull it for a min then leave it have u ever came across this its my first ess i ever trained everything else is spot on

The retrieving is non existent. If she sometimes does this, and sometimes does that, her retrieving is not worth calling retrieving. If you have allowed this I doubt very much that everything else is "spot on". Get the David lissett DVDs and start with your dog as though it I the first day you have owned her.
  • Like 1

Is she not okd enough to retrieve yet she near a year old is that not a bit late for her to be brining stuff backbshe very well mannerd drops to whistle sits stays mist basics there just not the retrieve

she is well old enough mate , but if I was you I would for get her this season , and do a little dummy training in water so she has to give you the retrieve as she comes out

She drops to whistle she is wel mannerd she quaters not a problem so y do u tink cause her retrieve is not right noting else is she was scruffed as a pup for biting that was it her basics are thete just plucking n retrieve put it this way brough her out yesterday threw a stick n she brought it back so y is this happening eery so often ive seen videos but like anything wat might work for them might not work for u