1St Season Dogs...

How are lads getting on with their first season dogs?

I know we are only a few weeks in but they should of had a few trips out now. How are they progressing? Any pics?

My pup is 16 months old and has had 41 rabbits to date, about 10 of them have been daytime (some mixy), and the rest have been on the lamp. She has had 6 lamping trips to date, One trip of 16 and then mostly smaller trips of 3/4/5 etc.

I've only been taking it steady as she is still fairly immature at times but things are starting to click now.

A2AD0A59-385E-4220-BCE4-F45B5D16FEEC_zps

How's everyone else getting on? Be good to see pics of the youngsters.

• Like 9

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How are lads getting on with their first season dogs?   I know we are only a few weeks in but they should of had a few trips out now. How are they progressing? Any pics?   My pup is 16 months old

if im honest I think a dogs third year of its life is its first proper season , there is only so much you can show a first season dog imo...

should be a good topic this..   myself haven't been getting out much due to one thing or another..only been out on the lamp twice,,,had 2 the one time,   about ten during the day,a mix of mixi and

Posted Images

should be a good topic this..

myself haven't been getting out much due to one thing or another..only been out on the lamp twice,,,had 2 the one time,

about ten during the day,a mix of mixi and none mixi.

hand full of pheasants,tree rats birds in general :laugh: .

all in all am happy so far with the little time i put in to her the last 2 months..

gonna up the game up now and try and get out more with her and get the retrieve sorted and get out a few nights when i get a baby sitter sorted :laugh:

only out 10 mins this morning and she picked some road kill up to feed herself with.

plenty more work to be done with this bitch though.

only the one but better than none i say..we enjoy our moochers none the less

post-41682-0-94179500-1415102867_thumb.jpg

post-41682-0-96076600-1415102903.jpg

• Like 4

should be a good topic this..

myself haven't been getting out much due to one thing or another..only been out on the lamp twice,,,had 2 the one time,

about ten during the day,a mix of mixi and none mixi.

hand full of pheasants,tree rats birds in general :laugh: .

all in all am happy so far with the little time i put in to her the last 2 months..

gonna up the game up now and try and get out more with her and get the retrieve sorted and get out a few nights when i get a baby sitter sorted :laugh:

only out 10 mins this morning and she picked some road kill up to feed herself with.

plenty more work to be done with this bitch though.

only the one but better than none i say..we enjoy our moochers none the less

attachicon.gif10629762_774663685904920_4235983869636191336_n.jpg

attachicon.gif10731081_774373499267272_5219031792382009674_n.jpg

looks a nice dog,,,on chadd park wall,,lol

thank..best bag for me so far ..on some horrible ground ...60 in photos and a couple of mixy rabbits we dumped

for MR RABBIT ( :toast: 33 to fawn dog ..and 27 for hairy dog ) :D

haha ya wee lanky skinng prick...welldone....pround tae hav one o paddys pups now arent y wee show off..lol abby the purse net tangler did u proud..shell make a fine pot filler Edited by MR RABBIT

my dog buck is a 3/4 grey collie and coming up 18 months. had a couple of trips out late august then whenever the conditions are suitable from then on. first few trips out i picked my slips carefully. he's got his eye in now though and rarely misses a rabbit.

got some issues with him though. when he catches he wants to do a victory lap with the bunny , giving it a good old crunch when it squeals. i think i've been giving him a little too much freedom to choose what he wants to do so its back to basics now to reinforce the recall / retrieve and reinforcing the bond .

its the first young dog i've had in a long time and the first collie cross and he's headstrong.